whats a good red led light?

ti-force

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about the quark RGB? Not only does it have red, but it also has green and blue straight from the LED no filter.:p

RGB is nice, but I'm more fond of the Tactical UI, but I did think about purchasing an RGB, I'm just a home brewer at heart :D.

D

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
very nice, how red are the Peaks and Ra?

The Peaks are available (or were when I ordered mine) in either red-orange and red. A lot of makers advertise red-orange as red, they look red if you've never seen a true red, but compared to my Peak, they look orange.

red02

red02

Enlightened
The Peaks are available (or were when I ordered mine) in either red-orange and red. A lot of makers advertise red-orange as red, they look red if you've never seen a true red, but compared to my Peak, they look orange.

Some orange red can look red if nothing redder is around. Are the Peaks redder than the Photon II/Freedom red? Do they list wavelength?

RWT1405

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't heard anyone mention the Streamlight Night Com LED Flashlight. I had to buy 1 to "play" with and "try out". I have to tell you that it is a nice light. I have used it almost totally in red mode, and I have to tell you I like it. For $39.95 it's a keeper!

Rotate the mode select switch to choose the safe position or any of 3 lighting positions:
1. Lo power indicator type LED (for maximum night vision preservation); <0.05 lumens
2. Two Ultra-Bright RED LEDs; 2.5 lumens with up to 28 hours of run time
3. Center C4 bright white LED; 105 lumens with up to 3.5 hour run time

Here's a link @ BrightGuy for it
http://www.brightguy.com/products/Streamlight_Night_Com_LED_Flashlight_51056.php

My .02 FWIW YMMV

D

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some orange red can look red if nothing redder is around. Are the Peaks redder than the Photon II/Freedom red? Do they list wavelength?

Sorry I don't have a Photon, so I can't compare, nor was I told the wavelength of the Rebel they used. I don't know if Peak could even give the exact wavelength as the specs 620.4 nm to 645 nm for the red Rebel.

apontes

apontes

Newly Enlightened
DX SKU 26345.

Red P60 dropin, less than 10 bucks. Much brighter than filtered lights.

red02

red02

Enlightened
Sorry I don't have a Photon, so I can't compare, nor was I told the wavelength of the Rebel they used. I don't know if Peak could even give the exact wavelength as the specs 620.4 nm to 645 nm for the red Rebel.

Sounds about right, most 'monochramatic LEDs' have a wide range of wavelengths. I guess my next stop is the laser forum...

M

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
how about the quark RGB? Not only does it have red, but it also has green and blue straight from the LED no filter.:p

BTW, after the zebralight h501r red headlamp, the quark RGB is my next most heavily used red LED light. The wall of light + range of brightnesses is actually excellent and useful. The only real downside to it is that the light isn't completely safe - it's too easy to switch colors / modes to bright non-red with just the available play in the head. Still, the useful range of brightnesses and the floodiness of the light makes it quite good.

ElectronGuru

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
very nice, how red are the Peaks and Ra?

I don't have a RA 85 handy, but here's a photograph of the color coming out of a red XRE equipped Peak. Its pretty red:

14v43ed.jpg