What's the best LED flashlight??

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s the best LED flashlight??

If you like the AA MiniMags, look at our conversion kit for them; it uses the Luxeon

G

GXS

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me where to find the best price for the Arc LSH-P? I'm interested in getting one.
Thanks.

Bill.H

Enlightened

oldgrandpajack,

Don't worry, nobody's gonna laugh at you for liking Opalec, after Arc, it's probably the best-regarded company in the business. Nope, it's not the brightest, but it's probably bright enough for most things.
There's a current thread on it right now: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=193667&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

Fabulous piece of engineering, construction and packaging. I would assume the support is good but I don't know of anyone who had a problem with one yet.

The Inretech is brighter but doesn't have the run time. Always a tradeoff on those two.

Welcome to CPF, now go buy an Arc AAA.... NOW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

oldgrandpajack -

A float plane fishing trip into a remote area of Canada using modified flashlights?

Sounds wonderful.

Welcome to CPF.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

GSX -

Welcome to CandlePowerForums.

I'm sure other more knowledgeable members will answer your question about where to buy the ARC LSH-P.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Hard to beat the Dat2zip Luxeon drop-ins for the Minimag. I personally can't afford the current Arc LS prices, and the minimag modifications are a much more affordable alternative (see Everything you ever wanted to know: BADBOY, MADMAX Update. I think this is the longest thread on the whole entire CPF board). If you get the glass lens and a Kroll tailswitch, they'll be about the same size as your Surefire KL1 setup. You can get Wayne's stuff here, go to the full sandwich mod kits and accessories pages. I personally prefer these over the Opalec, but that's personal preference. I have been at CPF for only a little while, and I have already spent way too much money, so watch your wallet! Welcome to CPF!