What's the coolest 'necklace' flashlight

kraghack

Newly Enlightened
So I noticed the Veleno Designs 44DD and it got me thinking maybe I should have an EDC that also acts as a fashionable (in a manly way) necklace. Unfortunately I can't go spending $100+ on this, so I was wondering if anyone was aware of any other stylish and lightweight flashlights that could be strung through a neck chain. Of course, the brighter the better, as usual. But form factor is key here.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
MBI Core Ti.

Nuff said.

-Alex

Link removed please read to banner at the top of the page - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Check this out..
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?274849-Veleno-Designs-Quantum-DD-at-Illumination-Supply!

As soon as they come out with either a neutral XPG2 or Nichia 219 version, I'll be picking one for myself.

As of right now I carry a DQG titanium in neutral and I love it. It has a eneloop in it and is barely bigger than the battery itself. This light knocked my Peak Eiger 10180 lug w/ Nichia 219 off of my neck chain. I thought that would never happen but at $50ish, the DQG is hard to beat IMHO.

Empire

Banned
So I noticed the Veleno Designs 44DD and it got me thinking maybe I should have an EDC that also acts as a fashionable (in a manly way) necklace. Unfortunately I can't go spending $100+ on this, so I was wondering if anyone was aware of any other stylish and lightweight flashlights that could be strung through a neck chain. Of course, the brighter the better, as usual. But form factor is key here.
Same guy makes a Budget version called the "Quantum DD" Around $60

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1, I'm in love with this light!
Light.jpg

But want to point out a very similar older thread with lots of good options and analysis:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?216490-24-7-365-Waterproof-Neck-Carry-Light

And this post especially:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...s-neckware-)&p=3386899&viewfull=1#post3386899

All my best,

Applevision

Last edited by a moderator:

kraghack

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the options guys. After checking out those other posts, I'm having some information overload. So many choices! Ugh CPF, why must you be so informative.

Vesper

Enlightened
Great question OP. I've been keeping my eyes open for just the "right" necklace light also, but have yet to find it. Looks like the MBI Core Ti is all sold out, but don't like the look of it anyway, nor the Veleno. Was kicking this one around:

Link removed please read to banner at the top of the page - Norm

Is AAAA sleek and small. Might not be a bad choice.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi Vesper.

That 'Link removed' light is a pretty popular one, seen it a lot lately :) (Sorry Norm, just having a little fun).

I think the 'Link removed' light is very similar to the MiX5, which also runs on AAAA batteries. It's pretty damned bright for such a small light and is small enough for a necklace light.

I used to be worried about battery availability, but if you pull apart a Duracell 9V battery, you get 6 x AAAA batteries ready to use!

Last edited:

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi kraghack.

I like the MiX6, but it was definitely the MiX5 I was talking about. Klarus does not mention it on their website any more, but it was definitely available a while ago. It takes AAAA sized batteries, and it is quite smaller than the MiX6.

kraghack

Newly Enlightened
Ah my bad, I misread your initial post. The Mi X5 definitely seems like a great option. I wonder if you could even place it over your ear like a pen as a quick headlamp if necessary.

As for the actual neck 'lace', do you guys have any good ones in mind. I was thinking something similar to valet keychains that allow the light to be detached easily without having to actually remove the entire necklace itself (though I suppose that could act somewhat as a wrist lanyard to avoid dropping the light).