What's your car EDC?

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
Maglite ML25LT 2 cell In the center counsel with 2 AA's eneloop's inside of c-cell adaptors , I have been considering getting a
Maglite ML50L 2 cell.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Nitecore MH12GTS

46820896175_4a1128e785_c.jpg

harro

Enlightened
Used to have a cheap '$2 Shop' plastic thing with a stick on reflector and simulated plastic lens. The tail end would glow red if you pushed a button and held your tongue in the right position, at the same time. After the car was gone through by a thief in my own garage ( being in Aus, it was totally my fault, cause I hadn't locked the vehicle, even though it was in an unlocked garage and behind 6' high gates, and I technically invited the thief, AND they had a poor childho……..sorry, getting waaay off track here ), I never bothered to replace it with anything, and just carry an Mi6 Klarus on the keyring now. Its a sweet little light with high of 120 lumens and a low of about 20 I think, without looking it up. I guess it no problem to put one back in the car, but...…..
hR97rWc.jpg

mhpreston

Enlightened
After the car was gone through by a thief in my own garage ( being in Aus, it was totally my fault, cause I hadn't locked the vehicle, even though it was in an unlocked garage and behind 6' high

I got a crook lock after someone let themselves into my car (keyless fob). Lost my favourite sunglasses, torch and leatherman plus an ashtray full of coins. Kids I suspect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
New to the forum here.

My car EDCs are the Olight Seeker 2 as well as a S1R Baton 2

Welcome to the site smooth bass man. Wise choices. 👍

It occured to me that many choose to toss an "extra" light, an old beater or some flunky light in the glove box or console when in reality the light we opt to carry in the car may make a big difference in a bad scenario where we may end up :)eek: gasp) using a celphone instead.

I took my old Dorcy out of the wifes car and put in a SureFire G2x Pro after thinking about it a bit.

harro

Enlightened
I reckon it was kids that helped themselves in my car also. Work garage door opener, a handful of coins, a book believe it or not, and the car door left wide open.

Haha, with my ' Homer Simpson ' fingers and dexterity, finding the torch function on a mobile phone, then using it, would probably see sunrise well and truly on its way.

Last edited:

mhpreston

Enlightened
Interesting that not many of you good folk carry a head torch in your car? Probably the most useful item when you are trying to change a tyre at night, for example. As I mentioned earlier, my old Petzl is back in the glove compartment. Mind you, I had to sand the contacts as one of the batteries leaked. That's the problem with a torch that just sits there for a couple of months or more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harro

Enlightened
Interesting that not many of you good folk carry a head torch in your car?

Actually, that's a pretty good comment. A single 18650 powered thing would be very handy for the obvious scenario, the tyre. Hmmmm might tell my wife that mhpreston said its ok to buy one for that purpose...………...and if that excuse fails, I do have a nice Fenix HL60R sitting around somewhere

Smoothbassman

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the site smooth bass man. Wise choices. [emoji106]

It occured to me that many choose to toss an "extra" light, an old beater or some flunky light in the glove box or console when in reality the light we opt to carry in the car may make a big difference in a bad scenario where we may end up :)eek: gasp) using a celphone instead.

I took my old Dorcy out of the wifes car and put in a SureFire G2x Pro after thinking about it a bit.
I always have a couple of options since we camp a lot with my boy that's a scout.

I do have a beater flashlight under the rear seat to fill in just in case. Nebo Slide King.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

ven

Flashaholic
Still have my old trusty Convoy m2................3rd car glove box its been moved to! Just nipped out to take an is pic right now, actually 4 lights in there if include the works keys light. If i am in the car, the little torch is. Also one on car keys, so 5 in total.
Headlamp has been in there a while now, just much preferred to have 2 free hands, NW which is a nice soft floody beam. C2 with sportac triple 219, m2 as mentioned.
zpKSA2Gl.jpg

wAYur47l.jpg

FNG

Enlightened
I've had the SureFire G2Z (incandescent) in my previous and current car for probably at least 10 years now. Temperatures can range from below 0*F in the winter and over 100*F in the summer so I've always preferred lithium primaries for this reason. Another reason is that since I don't use lights that often I know that it'll work when I need it to. It's been on the same set of batteries for probably 2 years now. I also keep a SureFire spares carrier w/ 6 fresh batteries in the glove box. I should probably get a floody headlamp as a companion though.

Last edited: