What's your current EDC?

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Maratac AAA on key set, Surefire E2DL in stong side holster (Soon to be rotated with Nitecore Extreme R2 when that arrives), Nitecore D10 R2 in pocket. I love all of these lights, I consider them (for me) to be the perfect EDC. The power comes from the Surefire, the low end comes from the D10, and just in case, theres always the Maratac with fresh lithium primaries.

M.S

Enlightened
Today I have the following:

-Fenix E01 on bicycle keys
-Fenix P1D on keys
-E1L body with KL1-R head (high cri seoul) with McTC two stage tailcap in pocket.
-E2L with 17670 and 3-stage Q3 5A TLS head in backpack.
-KX1 head with VG body in backpack.

wmirag

Enlightened
SurFire T1A. Not perfect in that I'd like it a bit smaller and I'd like it to have at least a little hot spot. But the continuously variable feature and the super low make it the most useful light I own for EDC.

W.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even by CPF standards, I am a bit OTT.Currently I EDC, in no particular order:

Raw SS plus 2 spare cells
Ra Twisty 85 TR plus 2 spare cells
Nitecore R2 plus 1 spare cell
Ra twisty 85 Tr with 18650 battery pack and one spare cell
Fenix LD01 SS

So...if two is one and one is none...five is utterly hatstand??

As David Hedison said so eloquently in 'The Fly' "Help meeeeee....."

( I used to know him when I were a nipper )

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even by CPF standards, I am a bit OTT.Currently I EDC, in no particular order:

Raw SS plus 2 spare cells
Ra Twisty 85 TR plus 2 spare cells
Nitecore R2 plus 1 spare cell
Ra twisty 85 Tr with 18650 battery pack and one spare cell
Fenix LD01 SS

So...if two is one and one is none...five is utterly hatstand??

As David Hedison said so eloquently in 'The Fly' "Help meeeeee....."

( I used to know him when I were a nipper )

Which Nitecore R2 are you using?

shark_za

Enlightened
I am a recently converted flashaholic and carried an incandescent Surefire 6P with torn switch boot during my unenlightened years.
Last year was particularly bad in South Africa as we had Electricity supply problems with rolling blackouts.

Then I popped a budget LED in there to get cheaper operations but it stopped working after a short time.
I got the Surefire OEM LED to restore my faith in my trusty companion.

I've always had a useless solitaire on my keychain and last year I swapped this for a Streamlight Nanolight.

I tried a Streamlight Microstream and this last weekend it died on me.

Bah, back to the Surefire 6P.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried a Streamlight Microstream and this last weekend it died on me.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Streamlight warrants its products to be free of defect for a lifetime of use.*
We will repair, replace or refund the purchase price, at our option, of any Streamlight product that does not work or that you manage to break for as long as you own it.
Of course, this limited lifetime warranty excludes abuse, batteries, bulbs and chargers. Rechargeable batteries and chargers have a (1) one year warranty with proof of purchase.
*Excludes Sidewinder and M-series weapons mounted lights.
* See product for specific warranty.
You might want to look at sending it back to them.

Tac

Newly Enlightened
A simple Z2.

I dunno why all of you have this really complicated list of lights. :D

Barbarian

Enlightened
I rotate the following 3 lights at work in an AW holster.

1. Ra 170CN
2. Novatac 120E
3. McGizmo Ti PD-S

When not at work, I carry a Novatac 120P in my jeans with another light (usually the Ti PD-S or Surefire L1) in the pocket of my jacket in the fall and winter.

I also always have Modamag's Draco around my neck all the time and sometimes carry the Fenix LD01 SS on my keychain.

I now have to find some time for my Ti McClickie Pak with the silver Surefire E1B head.

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have a Fenix EO1 on my keychain as an EDC/backup light. I recently started carrying a Fenix TK11 R2 light on my belt. One of my older EDC lights is carried as well to cover a wider range of brightnesses (Fenix P3D Q5, P2D Q5, L1D Q5, L1T version 2.0). With three lights, I can have enough light to get around for days without spare batteries (I do carry spares though).

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
My edc is currently a C2-BK with a M60 in a Browning holster. the E1B comes along in a cargo pocket sometimes.

Ny0ng1

Enlightened
Rotation of
-LunaSol27
-LunaSol20
-SureFire L1

sometime i keep going back to L1 due to its loongg runtime, and even at dying battery, the concentrated light is still useful.
LunaSol series are very fine lights, but i feel the main beam gets killed pretty fast :sigh:
but again, i hate that L1 head popping out from my front pocket :grin2:

computernut

Enlightened
I just got my V82 holster so no more putting my L1 in the side pocket of my shorts and have it clank against metal door frames. Even with the F04 it fits in nice

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
LD01 running a 10440 is always in the front pocket... never noticible. And I use it during the day more often than one might expect, just to aid a bit in seeing dimly lit things/areas.

When night falls and I go outside, I would have at least two more lights along as well... lately my Quarks are getting a lot of that time... Q123-2/17670 warm, QAA/14500 warm, and Q123/16340 warm are all equally enjoyed these days. Going for a night walk of any sort I'd definitely grab an L-Mini II/18650 with turbo head or a Jet I Pro v3/14500 for spotting, as well as one of the Quarks and the ever-present LD01.

I've got a lot of 6P size lights and Surefire 6P and 3P clones, but they have seen very little use since I got into the D10, LF3XT, Quark lights. I much prefer the somewhat smaller form factor of these and the output/powering options versatility.