What's your favorite /best flashlight of 2020?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Good timing. Thanks for doing this.

I was glad to see Fenix release an E01 version 2. It may not have been the hit Fenix was hoping for but it was nice to see them take what they learned with the E05 and put it into an even smaller new style of E01.

I was also glad to see Sofirn release a C01 similar to the Yuji, another no nonsense low output one using a similar 5mm LED called Sophia. More colors for bodies as well as a red LED version.

Other than that my lights this year have been time travellers anywhere between 2010 and 2018 along with an upgraded Maglite here or there.

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore E4K. Goes from 2 to 4400 lumens on a single 21700 cell. Has fast charging usb-c rechargeable battery. Has quick access to low and turbo and quick temporary access to turbo while on. Lights up a whole mountainside on turbo. Good spread of brightness settings.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop GT94. 20,000 lumens and 2,450 meters throw. Very big performance, from a very big light.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is Noctigon K1vn, a mod by Vinh Nguyen at Skylumen.com
Super performance in both brightness and throw, while runtimes are long due to great heat management, all in a mid-sized light. I'm using Samsung 40T 21700 battery. 5150 lumens, 545,000cd, 1476 meters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
same reply as on Reddit and BLF :)

AAA, the Manker E02II.
AA, Manker T02
CR123, Manker E04
18350, Sofirn SP40
18650, Emisar D4V2
21700, astrolux EC03
26650, astrolux FT03

markr6

Flashaholic
Zebralight H600Fc is the only thing I've ordered for over a year. Absolutely beautiful tint! I'm curious to compare the H600Fd in person but can't spare the extra $$. There's a chance I'll like that even better.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting thread here !

lovecpf

Gotta' say --

Much Respect for the new Sofirn C01S flashlights !

Very handy and useful 1xAAA budget light
with two output levels (3 and 90 Lumens),
and a Perfect Beam from its TIR lens
and Luminus SST20 4000K LED.

All for just 10 Bucks (US)
on Amazon, for prompt delivery !

Truly a Little GEM

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a fondness for Sofirn as well..
Started with a couple C01.. and ended up with over a doz aaa lights
Now I am eyeballing there twisty dive light. Thank God it doesn't come in colors! :rolleyes:

desertrunner

Banned
Bought this on a chance earlier this year and its one of the BEST lights I ever owned. USB rechargeable, can be carried, hung and has a kick stand. The Nebo Tango.

621NEB_Tango_Web-_Infographics_2-IN-1_1.jpg

872NEB_Tango_Web-_Infographics_Rotating-Arm_1.jpg

774NEB_Tango_Web-_Infographics_Rechargeable_1.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
After not using it for a period I lit up my yellow 320 lumen G2x Pro while helping my elderly dog up n own the doggy ramp and it occured to me that this is still my favorite LED flashlight ever. The tan one was until I snagged a yellow one.

My favorite flashlight ever is still an incan 2c generic number made in the Bright Star factory in the 1980's with a Tung Sol PR6 bulb in it.

I have a new model of a AA light on the way, which might end up being my favorite 2020 model year light.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. Only 11 people who bought flashlights this year.. that's not many :D

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll throw one in the mix. My fraz labs tiny nugget 18350 isn't just my favorite light of 2020, it's slowly becoming my favorite light of all time. It's a tough as nails design with infinitely variable twisty brightness at a price tag you just can't beat for what you get. They are extremely responsive to questions/concerns as well. I've carried mine almost every day since I received it.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not much competition for favorite, since my only flashlight purchase of 2020 was also my first in ~8yrs.
Zebralight SC64w HI. Having been on the Zebralight boat from day 1, there've been some ups and downs over the years, but this light is obviously the end result of much refinement.
From the machining, anodizing, and switch to the improved clip, increased programmability of the UI, and glorious tint of the LED, there's just nothing bad to say about it, aside from the complexity of programming additional groups(and that may be a user deficiency:ironic:).
.24/2.7, 21.3/118, 467/1300 lumens...what a spread of individually useful levels!

My best light, in terms of quality and reliability, remains a Malkoff MD2/M61N. It's by far my most heavily used flashlight, and I guess if I had to choose ONE to be stuck with, I'd put the Hi/Lo ring back in it, and carry on.
Love my Zebralights, but kinda view them as fair weather friends. My Malkoffs always have my back:D

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Really cant pick one...

In no order: HDS Rotary 18650 NLT, Oveready copper BOSS 35, BLF LT1, Frelux Synergy 2, Fraz Labs 18650 Lumenite, Malkoff M91N, various flavors of Aunduril Chinese lights (fun), and my first Hanko in years that I wont see till 12/25!!!

Vemice

Enlightened
Finally scored one of the Prometheus Beta Ti lights. Really have to be ready when they do their limited run. I just didn't realize how quickly they sold out once announced.
T8BarHZl.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For a few years I down sized to smaller and smaller while the lights got brighter and brighter. However I kept noticing the same lights were being used and the smaller/brighter numbers were not. Whenever I leave home I carry either my PKDL PL2 or the PR-1 (or both) in a trouser pocket. They make really good shadow lighters or if the lights suddenly go out in a box store they allow me to find an exit.

But for after dark purposes I find I'm using less output from the little lights so my go to are typically 15 lumens or less, which can easily get the job done around the house or in the cab of my vehicle. I went from a Fenix E01 to a Sofirn C01 with a Yuji to one with a Sophia. And when going out I have begun to migrate back to more traditional sized lights from my younger days. Namely C and D sized lights with 2" heads for more throw from less light. Runtime plays a role too. So lately I'm using Maglites more and more. I recently acquired the "mini MagCharger" called the ML150LRS. At 800+ lumens I can see a couple of football fields away for a while or a lot less using a low or 'eco' setting that shines light about as far as my most powerful aaa lights but for days and days. I think that one was released in 2019 but is showing up at places in the latter half of 2020.