What's your favorite or most used brand?

The Dane

Enlightened
MagLite, they're so great to mod:twothumbs
Acessories like for a Harley.
Cheap super quality, cant be beat, way to go USA!

henry1960

Enlightened
Favorite Brand; JetBeam, SureFire

Most Carried; JetBeam RRT-2, Quark Miini AA TI

Most Used; Quark Minni AA TI :twothumbs

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Favorite and most used:

McGizmo.

Not even close on either point.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Favorite brand Peak
Most used Nitecore D10
Bike light Quark Turbo AA2

Now for Peak to come out with the multiple output heads, then we shall see if everything goes to Peak (although I might mod my D10 with a XP-G neutral white when available) Now if Peak could get with McGizmo to put a Piston Drive in an El Capitan XP-G... a nice brass neutral XP-G with medium optic (with ability to swap in wide or narrow optics) Aluminum 2AA narrow optic for bike light, the brass one for EDC and maybe a few spares?

Last edited:

hotlight

Enlightened
Favorite Brand: Liteflux due to programability

Most Used: LF2XT(on 10440) in my pocket during the day, around my neck at night-EVERYDAY
Quark(on 14500) NW, out of service for now tho.

Jump Start

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a Fenix. For me a flashlight is a tool I use many times every day. A simple light is preferable to one that has many modes. Fenix has never let me down. It might not be the fanciest or the brightest but it always works!

Jump Start

SureFire for me, my primary EDC light is an L1, which I clip to my pocket. It does what I want it to, it takes a beating, and I know it will work when I need it.

I carry a 6P in a holster attached to my Maxpedition bag, and a G2 in my backpack, both with LED dropins.

I also carry a Photon on my keyring, a red Peak Matterhorn, and a 455nm blue Fenix.

recDNA

Flashaholic
SureFire for me, my primary EDC light is an L1, which I clip to my pocket. It does what I want it to, it takes a beating, and I know it will work when I need it.

I carry a 6P in a holster attached to my Maxpedition bag, and a G2 in my backpack, both with LED dropins.

I also carry a Photon on my keyring, a red Peak Matterhorn, and a 455nm blue Fenix.

Fenix but I'm dying to try a Peak. A brass 2XCR123 (not rechargeable) SST-50 would be nice. I hate their website so much I get frustrated and quit. They should wake up and smell the coffee. I bet that website costs them 10% of their potential sales.

travelinman

Enlightened
ITP. The C7/8/9 is great to mix-n-match and carry, the A6 is big and bright, all are well made, (yes even the A6) a great bargain. :twothumbs

AIC

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac
Streamlight
Surefire

If they don't make it, you don't need it...

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
ITP A3 EOS Upgraded in my pocket always 1 x AAA at 96 lumens 3 levels. Never let me down after 3 years in my pocket.

Favorite EDC is Klarus XT11 running 2 x CR123s for "WOW" factor (750 lumens).

In my man bag I carry an Olight SR51 (900 lumens) running 2 x 18650 Soshine 2800mah Li-ions. Backup in my man bag side pocket is a Zebralight SC600 with 1 x 18650.

Next to my front door hanging on a bracket also for protection and lots of floody light is a Maglite 4D with the Terralux TLE-310M-EX upgrade outputting 1000 lumens at 3 brightness levels.

For target spotting I use a Dereelight DBS-T Aspherical with the 1.5A EZ900 LED 95Kcds - 100Kcds. You have to see it to believe this beam from such a small LED!!

For going bush or in the country an Olight SR90 goes in the back seat.

For extreme light intensity mainly in the bush I have a Stanley HID 0109 at 3000 lumens.

For rifle mounting I have an Olight M3X 700 lumens, it is a great thrower or I use the Aspherical Dereelight.

In my car glove box I keep a new model Magled 3D with the pin spot beam and weight behind it if needed in an emergency.

I have others like the Maglite XL200 and an older Olight M30 and I have the Titanium and Stainless Steel versions of the ITP A3 and A2 and Led Lensers M1 and a P14.

My wife has a Gold Klarus Midas Mi X5 running on 1 x AAAA battery 3 levels and strobe, running on High it outputs 86 lumens and an ITP Titanium A3 EOS on her keyring.

Cheers,

Last edited:

TRDmatrix

Newly Enlightened
My favorite lights happen to be modified surfires but my most used which also happens to be my edc does not have any part made by surefire. It is a vital gear fb1 body with malkoff vme head and an m30w modded with hcri xpg dropin.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
My favorite and most used brand are one and the same HDS. 200T. It goes everywhere does everything and for all tasks excepting spotlighting can't be beaten. The click selection of levels is pure genius, as are momentary and push through for burst! So, my most used light is the one most easy to use. :thumbsup:

Last edited: