What's your ideal watch?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Didn't expect it. But my Citizen BM7080-03E is slowly becoming my ideal watch. Eco-Drive technology is fantastic, and very underrated. Many Eco-Drive models have been known to go 10 - 12 years before the rechargeable battery needs replacing. And, I'm already starting to build some memories with that watch. For now though, I'm experimenting with my first inexpensive automatic. A black Orient Mako diver's model. At first it was several seconds off per day. But it seems to be settling down. Last couple of days it was +-2 seconds.

And yes, I'm using my Citizen to time the Orient. :)

Last edited:

cw_mi

Enlightened
Don't know a lot about watches, don't even own one but would love a Rolex submariner, stainless with a blue dial. That is unrealistic for my budget so I'd be happy with a Tag Heuer Aquaracer with a blue dial.

pck50

Newly Enlightened
Used to be a breitling Chronospace, then a Breitling New Pluton, Then a Breitling B-1 finally got tired of breitlings being one day going down in a subway bracelet opened watch fell off wrist to the faulkt of a pin flying off, causing the watch to turn into a trizillion parts sent it to Breitling they advised me it will cost $800.00 to put it together instead of covering it through there warranty.
At that point I decided to get rid of all my other Breiltling watches b efore they also fell apart like that one. Now Only use a Citizen ProMaster, Tissot Touch Titanium, Seiko Perpetual calender Premium series, A ESQ Venture, a fe other less expensive seikos and also casios with compass and Atomic time set.
However dont really wear much of watches anymore being that were living in such an advanced digital age where everything we have already tells us the time anyways from a Computer, to a phone, calculator, and god so many other things too.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Though I appreciate some of the benefits of digital (alarm, timer, stopwatch), I much prefer an analog face.

The two that I have work well for me.

For a daily user, I want something that can take the bumps and bangs of the real world without having to worry about it failing to function. Casio watches seem to do just that. For me, the Casio AW43-7E1V works very nicely for a daily-use watch. It's waterproof to 50M (great for Oregon rain) and yet still has a thin, analog look that doesn't look out of place in a crowd.

aw43-7e1v-casual-classic-mens-rubber-watch-9084808

For nicer outings, I have a Raymond Weil Tango analog. Requires monthly correction of the inability to hold the Day that's typical of watches from a few decades back, but it's otherwise a wonderful watch. Elegant enough for a nice night out, accurate, unobtrusive, durable, also waterproof. Didn't require selling of 1000 shares of CSCO to acquire.

005-8623-Raymond-Weil-Tango-5560-STP-00309.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'd love a Sub without a cyclops. But those aren't easy to find. Second favorite is the Explorer. No cyclops . . . But that's due to having no date window at all. :(

MKII makes a nice Explorer homage that is quality. Has a date window that's out of the way if you just glance at the dial.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are interested in a Sub ND let me know, and I can point you in the right direction!

If you want a normal Sub minus the Cyclops it can be done :naughty: Just have the crystal swapped with a ND crystal :)

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
My ideal watch is Omega Speedmaster which I use as a daily beater. I love the styling. In my daily use I tend to bump and bang it all the time. No scrathes on the sapphire glass. Some scuff on the steel casing. It is quite durable. I've had this for 7 years.

I feel the same way about my Seamaster!

p1040407t.jpg

Yep....still this one:thumbsup:.

Patek Philippe :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If you are interested in a Sub ND let me know, and I can point you in the right direction!

I truly appreciate the offer. But, I must be honest with myself. No matter what watch I wear, it must have a date feature. If it doesn't, I know it won't get any wrist time. A normal Sub with the crystal from a Sub ND sounds like a possibility. I'll contact Rolex to see if such a swap would void their warranty. Thanks for the tip.

stockae92

Enlightened
I truly appreciate the offer. But, I must be honest with myself. No matter what watch I wear, it must have a date feature. If it doesn't, I know it won't get any wrist time. A normal Sub with the crystal from a Sub ND sounds like a possibility. I'll contact Rolex to see if such a swap would void their warranty. Thanks for the tip.

I felt the same way ... until I got a PAM 111. That watch showed me how addicting a watch can be without a hacking movement and a date complication. :)

Now I can wait a Sub ND with no problem and when I need to know what date is today, that's what the cell phone is for ... LOL

I don't believer Rolex will modify any watch for you or keep the warranty if the watch has been modified. So I don't think they will swap out the crystal for you (from a official service center). And here in the US, I heard its quite difficult to get replacement parts from Rolex.

If you like Sub date without the cyclops, you can send it to a reputable watch marker to have the cyclops removed. or get a 16600 SD instead ;-)

stockae92

Enlightened
My ideal watch lately has been the Rolex Explorer II white dial (16570). It's perfect for dressing up or down, its very comfortable to wear all day (flatter caseback and smaller clasps than Sub), no rotating bezel or bezel insert to break, not a lot of sports Rolex has white dial (the other ones are Daytona and Milgauss). Mine is M series so it has the improved 3186 movement we well.

DSC_5645.jpg

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I ended up buying this watch instead of my original choice. After several aborted attempts it finally synced to atomic time:

G-Shock.jpg

And just for kicks here is the same watch next to the older Casio and Seiko:

Timecomparison.jpg

I synchronized both of these watches to atomic time 13 days ago. The Seiko only gained about half a second, and the Casio slightly more ( which is why it is apparently a full second ahead of my freshly synchronized G-Shock ). If I remember I'll take another similar picture in around 6 months.

cw_mi

Enlightened
Omega is good choice :thumbsup: My Seamaster is my only EDC not to change in the last five years! A great bullet proof watch :twothumbs

Shado , your picture is what set it off. I saw the watch, and did some google searching and reading and well now I want one. Want to sell it ? LOL