What's your ideal watch?

stockae92

Enlightened
Not an "ideal" watch (I think its far from that), but I like this combo a lot. And it can't get much simpler than this :D

176_gunny.jpg

Robert C

Newly Enlightened
There is no single ideal watch for me. I wear a stainless Datejust with jubilee bracelet at the office, a TAG 2000 outside the office and my "beater" is a Swiss Army officer model with auto movement. I have an older Seiko Auto diver watch that will eventually be given to my son and occasionally I'll wear a Hamilton Khaki auto chrono. Eventually the TAG will be replaced by a submariner or seamaster.

ffemt6263

Enlightened
Buds- i am looking into getting a t touch but i havent ever actually seen one in person? Do you feel the compass is easy to use? Anything else you can tell me pros or cons about it?

buds224

Enlightened
Buds- i am looking into getting a t touch but i havent ever actually seen one in person? Do you feel the compass is easy to use? Anything else you can tell me pros or cons about it?

It's an excellent piece. Very easy to use, and definitely has a feel of high quality. The only cons on my model is that there is no illumination on the LCD and the temperature readings are not accurate until 10-15 minutes after you take it off (for obvious reasons; body heat). It is very accurate in time keeping and the compass is great. I mostly depend on the barometer to let me know if the weather is improving or worsening. It has a very classic, clean look to it, so it doesn't look like you're wearing a GEEK watch at all.

It's very rigid, has taken a lot of abuse over the years, but through all of that, the rotating bezel is still firm, not a visible scratch yet on the glass (first time I've experienced true scratch-resistance), and all functions are still working 100%.

-- one more thing that may be considered a Con...I've had the watch quoted for a battery replacement and have been quoted between $90 - $199 plus 4-6 weeks wait time. This was unacceptable, so I bought a Watch tool-kit for $15 from ebay, and did it myself. Total cost, around $25, and no wait time.

I believe the new version of this watch has a backlit LCD, but I have yet to remember where I read that. Let me know if you have any other questions.

buds224

Enlightened
Tissotx1-vi.jpg

My T-Touch. It's actually closer to 7 years old now after recalculating the purchase date. Still functioning, still my favorite. Not Geeky looking, but has Geeky features.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Quick update:

My Orient Black Mako proved an excellent value, as far as inexpensive automatic watches go. A ton of quality for not much money. Highly recommend it, overall. Mine was so nice, it was stolen. Oh well. Replaced it with a Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro diver. Gorgeous, excellent watch . . . That my wrist just doesn't like. Worn it a few times, but you can't shove a square peg into a round hole no matter how hard you try to jam it in there. So, I'll be selling it soon.

Yeah, my Citizen BM7080-03E has indeed become my ideal watch after wearing it nearly non-stop for over a year. I'll likely buy an automatic watch that looks just like it, one day. Perhaps a non-chrono TAG Heuer Carrera or the previous version of the Omega Aqua Terra. Yeah, those models cost more. But I think it would be worth it.

ffemt6263

Enlightened
Buds thanks for the info. Seems as though im going to be lookong around for one of these.

ffemt6263

Enlightened
Haha. Thats a good thing though! Ill let you know. Any way you can post a pic on your wrist for size comparison?

Last edited:

buds224

Enlightened
watchsize-vi.jpg

You can see the reading, outside is 48 degrees on my wrist. Supposed to be about 41 at the time I took the shot. I added a shot with coins to help with size comparison.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Where the temp function on a watch really shines is when you can leave it somewhere and then read the temperature history later. I had a snazzy Casio that I took on a Rocky Mountain vacation ~20 years ago, and thanks to the temp history function, I knew the cabin we were staying in fell to 39 degrees inside over one snowy night..

stockae92

Enlightened
I have a G-Shock DW6100 that has temp history, it can take sample temp every 1hr, 3hr or 24hr I think and give you the last 10 reading (maybe more, i forgot :p )

Last edited:

ffemt6263

Enlightened
Well finally got the watch ive been wanting for the last year. I love it and being titanium its so light and easy to wear.
c6e4c157-1dd0-302c.jpg

ffemt6263

Enlightened
Yea im really liking it alot. Finally got my almosy full ti edc setup. If i could only afford a ti 1911 😏