When did a Mag M50L become worth 60 to 70 USD? 🤯

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Recently looked at buying another M50L for my in-laws who live out in the woods. Wanted to grab that and a wall mount. Nice, easy, convenient, and plenty of light for non-flashaholics. Saw they were all around 65 to 70 USD! Last one I got was 35 dollars off the shelf in a Walmart. When did an unregulated (or atleast not regulated for constant output) C-Cell light become worth that?? With that price point so many other lights now out perform output, regulation, UI, and build quality for cheaper. The Nitecore EA41 being an easy example at 50 USD vs around 70....

I know there are plenty of good options, but that's was always my go to cheap light for toss in the truck, box, or closet for 35 bucks and have something good on hand.

sambob223

Newly Enlightened
Yeah..pricing went side ways like that about 6 months after the BudLite virus hit, probably take a few more years before things settle down. tighten the belt and hope.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Yeah..pricing went side ways like that about 6 months after the BudLite virus hit, probably take a few more years before things settle down. tighten the belt and hope.

I honestly thought flashlights would be safe .... I'm seeing this is not the case so much.