When did you order your HDS?

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I purchased from HDS directly in early August, received it 10 weeks later.

hdsonleaves.jpg

cubebike

Enlightened
Anyone received hds from Henry ?! I ordered 1st May 2013 ( custom Hcri rotary) and was told the latest eta late November

uncle wong

Newly Enlightened
Ordered Hi Cri Clicky on 8 Oct & was told by Henry , should be able to ship out this week .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a rotary in June 2013 and was told mid-to late November 2013 for delivery. Recent problems with the knurling are reported to be solved as a new production batch was approved the week of October 23rd.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
I just received my EDC clicky 200 from Unique Titanium. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about and my initial impressions are very positive. Fit and finish are very good. The knurling is not aggressive but the body is not slick either. The feel of the electronic switch is very good – not mushy at all. This is just my 3rd light with an electronic switch and this one has the best feel. The UI is very interesting and I like it more than the Zebralight UI. Great size, feels good in my hand and it has a reassuring heft to it. I’m very impressed so far.

4 key things have to wait until I get home tonight. I am more beam snooty than a tint snob. I can’t judge the beam in my office. Seems like a nice smooth beam and I’m sure I’ll be pleased. Although I’m not a tint snob, I don’t like angry blue tints. This has to wait for tonight, too I will also install the Dark Sucks clip that I picked up. And the last thing is to play with the customization. The factory presets are well spaced, getting the exact levels that I need is a great feature that I want to take advantage of.

I paid the high international shipping cost and then got hit with Swiss Post processing fees and taxes. So I’m glad I like the light so far because I’m not selling it. Too much added costs for a catch and release. I’m happy that I joined the club.

Last edited:

RubiconSS

Newly Enlightened
I just received my EDC clicky 200 from Unique Titanium. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about and my initial impressions are very positive. Fit and finish are very good. The knurling is not aggressive but the body is not slick either. The feel of the electronic switch is very good – not mushy at all. This is just my 3rd light with an electronic switch and this one has the best feel. The UI is very interesting and I like it more than the Zebralight UI. Great size, feels good in my hand and it has a reassuring heft to it. I’m very impressed so far.

4 key things have to wait until I get home tonight. I am more beam snooty than a tint snob. I can’t judge the beam in my office. Seems like a nice smooth beam and I’m sure I’ll be pleased. Although I’m not a tint snob, I don’t like angry blue tints. This has to wait for tonight, too I will also install the Dark Sucks clip that I picked up. And the last thing is to play with the customization. The factory presets are well spaced, getting the exact levels that I need is a great feature that I want to take advantage of.

I paid the high international shipping cost and then got hit with Swiss Post processing fees and taxes. So I’m glad I like the light so far because I’m not selling it. Too much added costs for a catch and release. I’m happy that I joined the club.

The beam quality is just one of the notable strong points so, I believe you will be very pleased with that. Some of the other strengths - you already mentioned. Enjoy.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Did all 4 things last night even though I worked late. The beam is very smooth. The tint is cool but not angry blue. I like the Dark Sucks clip. And I enabled customization and changed the brightness of L and M. Dropped L and raised M. I am a happy camper.

cliwilnew

Newly Enlightened
I ordered an EDC Exec. 120 Clicky late at night on 11/1 and received it today 11/7. Definitely an acceptable turnaround time. I gather that the greatest wait is with the rotary EDCs but perhaps the time is decreasing these days. I'm very happy with the 120, very solid and high-quality feel. I look forward to getting used to it.

Last edited:

cubebike

Enlightened
Bad news for us waiting for the rotary. Henry said the estimate of delivery further delay to mid to late December! I ordered mine on 1st May 2013. Long wait continues

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad news for us waiting for the rotary. Henry said the estimate of delivery further delay to mid to late December! I ordered mine on 1st May 2013. Long wait continues

That's the delivery estimate,not when they ship out your light..I hope.

I was told my order would be filled by the end of November.

(At the time that I ordered my Rotary 200.)