when will rolex knocks be better then the rolex?

I know, and both have been serviced regularly. My Seiko still keeps better time than my Breitling and Omegas.
If I may ask, which Seiko do you own because I want one like it! My relatively "cheap" Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic keeps COSC accuracy straight out of the box, as have my Marathon GSAR's after regulating them, but none of my Seikos have been close. Some of them have been lower end, but not all. I'm referring to the "Samurai" diver with 4R35 movement, two Seiko 5's with 4R36, and even the legitimately esteemed "Alpinist" with 6R35 with which I battled to regulate to a tolerable but unpredictable level. Are you cheating ;) with a spring drive? :cool: I'm hoping I'm just really unlucky because there are some very nice microbrands I've been avoiding due to their use of the NH35 movement.

Mister Ed

Administrator
Staff member
I like my Apple Watch Ultra; I've worn it almost exclusively for the last 4 months. I wouldn't mind swapping it for a basic Seiko SNXS or so....maybe giving it a try.

iacchus

Enlightened
My Seiko that keeps insanely good time is an SNKP23 w/ a 7S26 movement.
My experience w/ 4R35/36 and 6R35 are really luck of the draw. Flip a coin w/ those. Somethimes they are great out of the box, sometimes very much less so.
I assume I just got really lucky w/ the 7S26.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My Seiko that keeps insanely good time is an SNKP23 w/ a 7S26 movement.
My experience w/ 4R35/36 and 6R35 are really luck of the draw. Flip a coin w/ those. Somethimes they are great out of the box, sometimes very much less so.
I assume I just got really lucky w/ the 7S26.
Yes, those other movements were supposed to be improvements over the 7S26.

iacchus

Enlightened
Yes, those other movements were supposed to be improvements over the 7S26.
They offer some quality of life improvements, for sure.
I just find the specs for any of them at the price point they use them to be a bit wide, but none have ever been particularly troublesome. Swiss movements run about the same in my limited experience.
grain of salt, I've not purchased any 5K+ models. Maybe these issues disappear in that stratosphere.

I've been so happy w/ this Oceanus that I'm planning to kit out an assortment of Solar models. It's all about what you are looking for in a timepiece, and these days I want low upkeep and tight accuracy.
I tried the smartwatch thing for about a year, and just couldn't stomach it any longer. Turns out they just aren't my bag.

TPA

Enlightened
I still want to get a Grand Seiko Springdrive some day. Mainly because most people would never know what it is AND it truly is the most accurate out there.

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
If I may ask, which Seiko do you own because I want one like it! My relatively "cheap" Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic keeps COSC accuracy straight out of the box, as have my Marathon GSAR's after regulating them, but none of my Seikos have been close. Some of them have been lower end, but not all. I'm referring to the "Samurai" diver with 4R35 movement, two Seiko 5's with 4R36, and even the legitimately esteemed "Alpinist" with 6R35 with which I battled to regulate to a tolerable but unpredictable level. Are you cheating ;) with a spring drive? :cool: I'm hoping I'm just really unlucky because there are some very nice microbrands I've been avoiding due to their use of the NH35 movement.
It is the Seiko Halloween Monster, the SRP315.

iacchus

Enlightened
Seiko movements, 4R or 6R, can generally be regulated fairly well, but will always be prone to terrible positional variance. It's just in their design.
I've not noticed the 6R to be any more accurate than the 4R. Just better PR really.