Where can I buy ...

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've come across some flashlights that I want to purchase but can't seem to find.

Where, online, can I buy:
Energizer DoubleBarrell 8AA
Energizer DoubleBarrell 2AAAA
Dorcy Boss 4AA

Anyone else have that certain flashlight they want to buy but don't know where to find it?

Now, all that's left, is Spousal Approval.
grin.gif

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChrisM:
Energizer DoubleBarrell 2AAAA<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2AAAA? Wow, that light must have a real crappy runtime.

Greetings,
Velcro

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps, but the DoubleBarrells are solidly made and besides, will help with my collection.
smile.gif

Now, if I could just find out where to get one...

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
2AAAA?

Yep. Apparently Brock, Craig, Doug and myself were supposed to be sent samples of those new keychain sized Doublebarells for review purposes, following correspondence with Energizer by, I believe, Jeff "Ted Bear" Hong.

That was a long time ago. They never did send us any. Maybe they forgot? So, much to Energizer`s loss, there are currently no reviews of those lights that I know of. And they don`t seem to be sold in the UK or I`d go out and buy one.

Oh- and I can`t remember who exactly but one of the CPF regulars has a vast amount of 6 and 8 cell AA doublebarell lights for sale. I`m sure someone here- maybe even the man himself- will point out who that is and how much they`re selling for.

grin.gif

Kirk

Enlightened
Hello!
ChrisM, I found the little AAAA Double Barrel at Wally World in Bakersfield, CA probably right after Xmas. Don't know if they still carry them or not. It's not the brightest light in the world, but "IT'S SO CUTE!" as my wife would say. As for the 8AA DB, the Energizer website says they are discontinued, but if you go to Energizer Asia-Pacific or to Energizer England, they still show them as current. Go figure. I got my 8AA DB at Target 3? years ago and they haven't had them for well over a year. I ordered an old-fashioned brass 3-D cell flashlight from Energizer Asia. They don't sell them in North America, but for $15 total, they agreed to send me one. Maybe you can work out something for the DB. I found the part number at www.energizer-asiapacific.com contacted customer service at energizer.com (North America) and told them my tale. They had the Asian factory contact and we set it all up. Tell them you collect the DB series and they should get you a light. Hope this helps.
Kirk

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
ChrisM,
Get in your "way-back" machine & turn the time back to 5-27-02 in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. WayneM has a post selling DB AA's. I think he wants $12 + shipping. Email him. TX

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most excellent. That helps on my DB 8AA. Has anyone used them? Are they brighter than the other DB's?

Now, anyone know about the DB AAAA's ??

What about a Dorcy Boss? I've heard this is a good light for modding out the bulb...

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kirk:
... Maybe you can work out something for the DB. I found the part number at www.energizer-asiapacific.com,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rats. That web site isn't up...
Maybe I'll call them and see if I can track one down

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ChrisM,
I believe I saw a DB8AA in an Ace Hardware near where I live the other day. It was a pretty big light and covered in dust. I think they were wanting around $25 for it. If interested let me know and I will call them to make sure that is what I saw and pick it up for you.

Clint

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!
However, I found out that Wayne (sells them for like $12.

I am still looking for a 2 AAAA DB and a Dorcy Boss though...

Ken M

Newly Enlightened
Chris,

I picked up one of the DB 2AAAA lights at Wal-Mart a short while ago. They weren't in the flashlight section, but close by, on one of the display racks in the middle of the aisles. They were placed along the frame, like various other stuff that people happen to notice and throw in their carts. I did notice several DB 4AA lights that were in the flashlight section, so I think all of the DB lights were from a fairly new shipment. It's not online, but it may be worth your time to take a look at one of the stores.

Good luck,

Ken

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure would like one of these 2AAAA DBs also. I saw one once at the local Walmart and like a fool passed on it!!!
frown.gif

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
ChrisM...I picked up a DB 2AAAA at WalMart...price was about $4.00. The stock bulb that comes with it is VERY unimpressive, even for a light of this size. I took the stock bulb out and replaced it with a Nexstar bulb. It makes a REALLY bright keychain light now! Only drawbacks are that the beam shape with the Nexstar is "football" shaped on tightest focus, and the Nexstar bulb will eat a pair of AAAA's pretty quick. But for short durations it works NICELY!
If you have Dollar General stores where you are, you can pick up a Dorcy Boss there for $3.97 w/batteries. Even with the stock bulb it's fairly bright with a wide, smooth beam. The reflector is nicely faceted...I put a Radio Shack 6V halogen bulb and 4 lithium AA's in mine, and the output is VERY impressive
grin.gif

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dorcey Boss is only $3 at DG here in Houston (with batteries). It's one of the best flashlight values around, if you just want a good utility light. TX

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PJD:
ChrisM...I picked up a DB 2AAAA at WalMart...price was about $4.00. The stock bulb that comes with it is VERY unimpressive, even for a light of this size. I took the stock bulb out and replaced it with a Nexstar bulb. It makes a REALLY bright keychain light now! Only drawbacks are that the beam shape with the Nexstar is "football" shaped on tightest focus, and the Nexstar bulb will eat a pair of AAAA's pretty quick. But for short durations it works NICELY!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I look at Wal-Mart every time I'm there to see if anything new has arrived. I've never seen the AAAA DB, ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PJD:
If you have Dollar General stores where you are, you can pick up a Dorcy Boss there for $3.97 w/batteries. Even with the stock bulb it's fairly bright with a wide, smooth beam. The reflector is nicely faceted...I put a Radio Shack 6V halogen bulb and 4 lithium AA's in mine, and the output is VERY impressive
grin.gif

PJD
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have managed to get a Dorcy Boss from another CPF member (thanks, dude!) and am quite happy with it (other than that lousy rubber smell
tongue.gif
). A 6v Halogen bulb and 4 Lithium AA's ?? Sounds sweet. I did try a Halogen (I think it was a 4.8v) in my Boss with 3AA's and 2 N's and it got quite hot after just a few minutes. That battery config works well to drive the red/orange LED that came with it or the blue/white LED bulb that I took out of my Cool Blue.

Sounds like I'm going to have to stop by Radio Shack for one of those 6v Halogen bulbs...

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. Went to R.S. last night, didn't have ANY halogen bulbs at all!! So, I checked their catalog and the catalog doesn't have ANY 6v Halogens either!!

So, where do I get a 6v Halogen bulb?