Where can one buy individual 5mm leds?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for different colors, and would like the most current brightness available (of course). Specifically, amber, but perhaps others as well. I'd rather not spend 20 on Ebay for 50 pcs of one color. Are the colored ones on Ebay even of good quality?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hm, the specs on those don't look up to snuff compared to the ones on ebay (mcd and angle for amber leds). Am I missing something?

Illum

Flashaholic
Phaserburn said:
Hm, the specs on those don't look up to snuff compared to the ones on ebay (mcd and angle for amber leds). Am I missing something?

sometimes whats on ebay is way far off than the specs on company websites:ohgeez:

I buy leds from radioshack... but not recently since the price went up too much :eee: back then 5mm white leds are <$1 a piece...now its almost $6 a piece:barf:

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
I have quiet a fue, white blue and green single 5mms sitting around ill check tongiht and see exactly what I have.
Nuker-

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn said:
Anyone buy from BestHongKong?
A number of times.
Their leds are decent for the $$ and shipping to North America takes about ten days. I've noticed that ALL of the leds I've purchased from BHK have a slightly narrower beam angle than what they rate them as.

Ebayer jeledhk also has some leds that may be worth a look at.
LEDSupply.com sells a nice variety of 5mm leds too.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely recommend the JELEDs. Testing here on CPF shows them as being one of the three top ranked 5mm LEDs. The other two (SMJLED and Nichia CS) are both FAR more expensive. I just bought 50 of the 55k mcd white LEDs and they are indeed very bright.

Link to ebay seller

ken2400

Enlightened
I have using Ebay and it was one week or so shipping. I just order going direct. I will try to remember to post my experence. If I forget please feel free to email me in a week or two.

Phaserburn said:
Anyone buy from BestHongKong?