Where is Saabluster and What Are You Doing?!!

hahoo

Enlightened
Yeah Michael has had my Deft-X since Sept. of 2016. I broke it by using the incorrect cells minutes after receiving it, so I've never even seen the beam. Looks like $1,000 down the drain unless he decides to make it right. I've pretty much lost all hope at this point.

unreal..
just unreal.....
pisses me off for you wimmer.

houser23

Enlightened
Yeah that is just not acceptable one bit, Micheal is a cool dude but he needs to get his head out of his.... and settle up with everyone he owes.

FLASHLIT

Newly Enlightened
ok thanks. Anyone have an idea who could repair this light for a fee?...if no ideas I could ask fenixlight.com to see what they say.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since 2016 ... Mod edit - profanity deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi. I have the Rev Captor. It's my fav light. I use it all the time, but it needs fixin. Is it possible to send it to you for repair? Sometimes the light doesn't turn on, sometimes it turns on then off again if i move the brightness level around a bit, sometimes it will fade to a low brightness on it's own, etc. It acts like there might be a loose connection when turning the ring that controls the brightness level. Seems that you might not be doing that type of work anymore but thought I would ask anyway. Thanks
Have vinh take a look at it. He's modded some of my lights with excellent results.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think it has become pretty well apparent by now that Saabluster is not actively monitoring his forum, nor participating here on CPF.

Leaving this thread open is, I think, counterproductive at this point.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah Michael has had my Deft-X since Sept. of 2016. I broke it by using the incorrect cells minutes after receiving it, so I've never even seen the beam. Looks like $1,000 down the drain unless he decides to make it right. I've pretty much lost all hope at this point.

unreal..
just unreal.....
pisses me off for you wimmer.

Yeah that is just not acceptable one bit, Micheal is a cool dude but he needs to get his head out of his.... and settle up with everyone he owes.

I am back. I have already gotten ahold of wimmer21 about his light. Terribly terribly sorry. What was going on for the longest time and why there was such a long delay was in the early days I was wanting to upgrade his DEFT-X with some of the stuff I was working on in the lab. I can repair it and get it out as new no problem. He agreed to let me try and increase the performance. But trying to increase the performance was proving harder than I imagined it would be. I can't understate how hard product development is when you are working on the bleeding edge. There were constraints that the original design had that made applying my tech nigh to impossible. But I kept trying and trying. Keep in mind during that period I was solely doing research into new technologies. I was trying to create a platform for new lights to come because the LED industry has essentially given up making improvements in intensity. I was bleeding cash like there was no tomorrow as I had no income during all this and it was a source of huge stress.

Then I had one of my research projects for which I had early success and high hopes for all but fail in larger trials. At this same time I had the punch in the gut that was Photobucket removing all of my pictures from all of my threads. This hit me hard. You'll notice I stopped posting right after that happened. It seriously hurt me as that was a tremendous amount of work ruined. This all sent me into depression. Being an emotionally driven person this made it hard for me to function in my shop as I had bad feelings associated with all of it. I didn't go into my shop for ages. I stopped answering the phone because it was all spam all the time. I just crawled into a hole. Not saying this is a good excuse to not get a guy his light just explaining what I have been dealing with and what the end goal was for his light.

All that said I have mostly recovered emotionally. Financially not so much. I am back at my research though and plan to get some of it into product in the not too distant future. It is interesting seeing where things have gone in the industry. Hoping to be able to slip back into my little niche and make some mind blowing lights again. And thanks for everyone's patience. Love to all.

Parker VH

Enlightened
Very glad you are back. Hoping you are successful in your return as you have offered some fabulous lights.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a pleasant relief to see back in the saddle Michael!!

Hope to see more you this time around in the forum.

Happy to see you back here my friend.

I still have the Deft X from you still as good as I got it.

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all for the welcome back.

Very glad you are back. Hoping you are successful in your return as you have offered some fabulous lights.
Thank you Parker. It is apparent that in my absence the thrower scene has turned from LEDs to LEP with LEDs unable to compete. But LEDs still have some tricks that LEPs cannot do. Working on product development now that will showcase the LED's superiority. :D

What a pleasant relief to see back in the saddle Michael!!

Hope to see more you this time around in the forum.

Happy to see you back here my friend.

I still have the Deft X from you still as good as I got it.
Good to see you too. You will be happy to know that I am working on an upgrade path for the DEFT-X and DEFT-edc-X lines. More to come later.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few years ago when you took my call during your dinner just to address my needs and shoot the bull, I knew you were going to be back at it. I sensed the love and drive you have for your work. I still have 3 deft-x's that i need to sort out from the farthest throwing to the shortest, so i can match them back to their cards

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome back. I hope the best is yet to come for you, both personally and professionally!!!:thumbsup:

star_c_star

Enlightened
Welcome back, we have missed you!

I look forward to how you can improve flashlight LEP implementation.

Even in these early LEP days, it can do impressive things. I have a Vinh-boosted Acebeam W30vn that produces 2.6 Mcd.

With your return to flashlight development, 5 Mcd should (hopefully) be attainable via LEP in a relatively small flashlight, and perhaps 25 Mcd in something the size of a BLF GT.

I have two DEFT-X's and two Rev-Victor Enthusiasts, and would love to add some Saabluster LEP flashlights to my collection.

Last edited: