Where is the cheapest place to buy surefire parts?

Rifter

Enlightened
you know i just realized that if surefire would actually put all the parts on there site with descriptions of what they can all be used with that would make things alot better. there site blows big time for stuff like this.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by fc-fire/rescue:
I do nor recommend KT1 or KT2. The lens is Lexan(Plastic) not Pyrex(Glass) like M.Theads. And they are very fragile. The only two current turbo SFs that are worth the money, are M6 and M3T.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The KT1 and KT2 are the same head they just come with different lamps and they do have Pyrex lenses.
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
rolleyes.gif

The "KT" TurboHeads all have Pyrex Lenses!
They have always had Pyrex Lenses.
The KT1, KT2 & KT5 are the same TurboHead supplied with a different lamp (N1, N2 & N5). The Adapter Collar supplied with the KT1 & KT2 are the same, but it's different for the KT5.

The KT TurboHeads are not fragile in the least. They are solid.
Of course the Millennium TurboHead is better, but then it's meant to be.

How big is the KT TurboHead compared to the M2 Bezel?
The KT TurboHead is about 15mm longer than the M2 Bezel which is about 46mm long.

The M2 Bezel is about 37 mm diameter.
The KT TurboHead is about 64 mm diameter.

I agree that the M3T and M6 are excellent flashlights that are well worth the money.

If you already have an M2, and aren't as demanding as fc-fire/rescue, the KT TurboHead will serve you fine.

Al

Tombeis

Enlightened
Rifter:

Don't listen to any of the above. You will only get more and more comfused.

The best way to solve your dilemma is buy all of the Surefire flashlights with the proper attachments for each.

Mix all the parts, then put them togather. The best way to learn is by doing. Soon you will know as much about Surefire flashlights as we all think we know.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have all the parts were are discussing here.
In fact, I've got two M2 + A19 + KT2 combinations on my desk as I type!

Respectfully,

Al

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Size15s:
The KT1, KT2, KT3 & KT5 are NOT Shock Isolated.

The ONLY TurboHead that is Shock Isolated is the "Millennium TurboHead".

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for clearing that up Al, I had always thought that one of the reasons you didn't like the SRTH over the KT1 & KT2 was shock isolation. I must have been asleep at the wheel.
wink.gif

Why in the world are the KT1 & KT2 so big if they have no SIS? Now I know why the SRTH is called a "compact" turbohead.
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The SRTH and KT TurboHeads are the same length and same diameter.

Why is the KT so different?
It is heavier because it has a thick Pyrex Lens and a design that allows not only better thermal management, but also means you can put an FM2x BeamFilter on it.

The SRTH is not best suited for the higher output Lamps - especially if you have a need for more then just a few seconds light at a time in short burst and flashes.

Having said that, the SRTH holds itself very well with the N2 lamp against the T5 in terms of beam throw.

Al