Where to find Solarforce L2 Grey?

Superorb

Enlightened
Does anyone know where to find a Solarforce L2 but in grey? All I can find on eBay and all the usual spots are black ones.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
You mean the gunmetal grey color? As far as I know of the older style L2's including the gunmetal grey color are discontinued. If you can find any real (non-clone) ones consider yourself lucky.

Superorb

Enlightened
You mean the gunmetal grey color? As far as I know of the older style L2's including the gunmetal grey color are discontinued. If you can find any real (non-clone) ones consider yourself lucky.

Damn, I was afraid of that. How are the newer style L2 bodies? There are several sellers on ebay that have the old L2 but in black for $13 shipped. Might just go that route if I can't find a grey one and I don't like the newer ones.

Superorb

Enlightened
How about the Grey L2P? Slightly different grey color compared to gunmetal.

I think there was something about the L2P that I didn't like. Different clicky/tailcap or it couldn't use the SS low profile bezels or something similar. Plus my OCD likes all the same flashlights. I do have 1 black one but it's in my toolbox in the garage. The other 4 are grey with SS low profile bezel and a GITD button.

nerrad

Newly Enlightened
I have one, wish I would of order two at the time

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
I had the "grey" or clear anodized L2 as my first Solarforce light, hated it! I have the grey L2P now and a black one. The grey L2p is one beautiful light despite the fact that I've beat the tar out of it and it's all dented up.

LV426

Enlightened
Except that it's "nicer", nothing, but the newer ones are a bit shorter.
Comparing a old L2 and a new, or a L2P, the newer are up to a better machining standard.

Superorb

Enlightened
Except that it's "nicer", nothing, but the newer ones are a bit shorter.
Comparing a old L2 and a new, or a L2P, the newer are up to a better machining standard.

So there's a new L2 and an old L2? Also, an old L2P and a new L2P? Good God I'm confused.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
So there's a new L2 and an old L2? Also, an old L2P and a new L2P? Good God I'm confused.

A picture is worth a thousand words....
http://imageshack.us/f/714/img0002je.jpg/

From left to right:
Old L2 gunmetal gray
Old L2p with B5 bezel, S6 switch
New L2p (shorter body tube compared to old L2p), B5 bezel, S11 switch
New L2 with L2T head, B6 bezel, same body tube length as New L2p

Of course if you would like to see more there are probably hundreds if not thousands of photos in the "Show your Solarforce" threads Part I and Part II;)

Superorb

Enlightened
A picture is worth a thousand words....
http://imageshack.us/f/714/img0002je.jpg/

From left to right:
Old L2 gunmetal gray
Old L2p with B5 bezel, S6 switch
New L2p (shorter body tube compared to old L2p), B5 bezel, S11 switch
New L2 with L2T head, B6 bezel, same body tube length as New L2p

Of course if you would like to see more there are probably hundreds if not thousands of photos in the "Show your Solarforce" threads Part I and Part II;)

Thanks for that. What is an L2T? Is there a post somewhere comparing all the L2's from Solarforce? It's been years since I've looked at them and all they had was L2 and L2P had just come out.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know where to find a Solarforce L2 but in grey? All I can find on eBay and all the usual spots are black ones.

You can buy the older grey body, and get the grey bezel head to match, but you can't get the grey switch. :confused:

solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FA&s=16&id=279 Body

solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FA&s=14&id=278 Head

Last edited:

Superorb

Enlightened
I might be Ok with an L2p, but I had some questions.

What is an L2T? Is there a post somewhere comparing all the L2's from Solarforce? It's been years since I've looked at them and all they had was L2 and L2P had just come out. Is the only difference between the L2P and L2 the finish? Is the switch the same?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2T looks like a Surefire C2
L2P looks like a Surefire 6P

Pretty much the only difference is the finish between the L2 and L2P. I think Solarforce pretty much uses the same switches.