where would you live if you could live any where you wanted?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
me it would be nyc or back in clevland ohio. i hate living in georgia i feel as if im a alien here. my only freinds are the stray cats and i think they just like me for the tuna lol

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I had my health back and money to afford it, Lee Vining, Ca. It's right outside Yosemite on the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. There is plenty of hiking, camping, backpacking, viewing waterfalls and wildlife, floating down the Klamath River, fishing, swimming, etc. Lee Vining has a great view of Mono Lake. There's also a nice campground nearby at the base of a waterfall (Aspen Campground). Nearby is the the June Lake Loop with kayaking at Gull and Silver Lakes. Silver Lake has a slow meandering stream flowing into it. You can paddle hard upstream, turn around, then float downstream by just steering. Travel a little farther south and you have Mammoth with good skiing in the winter. Also has good views of Rainbow and Minaret Falls (have to go higher up the trail to see the real Minaret waterfall, it's huge) and Devil's Postpile. Great backpacking for more experienced hikers as well (helps to know how to rock climb). A little farther south you have the trailhead at Tom's Place for Little Lakes Valley, a good beginner backpacking trail. Traveling farther south out of Bishop, you have North Lake, Lake Sabrina, and South Lake trailheads. North Lake to Lake Muriel and down to Hutchinson Meadows is my favorite trail. At Independence you have the Onion Valley trailhead and the fastest route across the Sierras (watch out for bears at the Kearsarge Lakes). Out of Lone Pine, you have the trail to Mt. Whitney, the highest peak in the lower 48 states. Don't miss out on the pancakes at Whitney Portal. They're so big, they flip them with what looks like a snow shovel. I miss being able to hike (stupid movement disorder) and being able to eat real food (celiac disease). If anyone wants to head out there, have fun, and try the pancakes.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Right where I am. Wherever that is, I like it right here. It aint much, many people wouldn't like it and would move away but after some of the things I've seen and had happen I appreciate the value of inner peace that does not come from people, places or things but comes from a place words can't describe.

It took a while to find it because I kept looking for it in places the world said look. Then one day it hit me like a ton of bricks when I looked in the mirror and saw a reflection of a man that was no longer hung up on what the world wants.

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right where I am now, I have my own piece of tranquility!
Home Pano Small.jpeg

Even when it rains we get rainbows to look at!
Home Rainbow small.jpeg

None of us know what the future holds so if you get the opportunity to live your dream, then do it!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
me it would be nyc or back in clevland ohio. i hate living in georgia i feel as if im a alien here. my only freinds are the stray cats and i think they just like me for the tuna lol
Oh! You're definitely better off in Cleveland Ohio than NYC. Every year, NYC gets worse and worse. I've visited Cleveland, and had a fantastic time. If it wasn't for family obligations, I'd happily move there to be around people who aren't delusional regarding how real life works.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I had my health back and money to afford it, Lee Vining, Ca. It's right outside Yosemite on the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. There is plenty of hiking, camping, backpacking, viewing waterfalls and wildlife, floating down the Klamath River, fishing, swimming, etc. Lee Vining has a great view of Mono Lake. There's also a nice campground nearby at the base of a waterfall (Aspen Campground). Nearby is the the June Lake Loop with kayaking at Gull and Silver Lakes. Silver Lake has a slow meandering stream flowing into it. You can paddle hard upstream, turn around, then float downstream by just steering. Travel a little farther south and you have Mammoth with good skiing in the winter. Also has good views of Rainbow and Minaret Falls (have to go higher up the trail to see the real Minaret waterfall, it's huge) and Devil's Postpile. Great backpacking for more experienced hikers as well (helps to know how to rock climb). A little farther south you have the trailhead at Tom's Place for Little Lakes Valley, a good beginner backpacking trail. Traveling farther south out of Bishop, you have North Lake, Lake Sabrina, and South Lake trailheads. North Lake to Lake Muriel and down to Hutchinson Meadows is my favorite trail. At Independence you have the Onion Valley trailhead and the fastest route across the Sierras (watch out for bears at the Kearsarge Lakes). Out of Lone Pine, you have the trail to Mt. Whitney, the highest peak in the lower 48 states. Don't miss out on the pancakes at Whitney Portal. They're so big, they flip them with what looks like a snow shovel. I miss being able to hike (stupid movement disorder) and being able to eat real food (celiac disease). If anyone wants to head out there, have fun, and try the pancakes.
I'm very familiar with Lee Vining and the whole area. I Just got back from my annual June Lake fishing trip (35 years) with my friends. Beautiful spot that hasn't changed too much over the years.

IMG_8711.JPG

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cleveland is amazeing dumbest thing ive done was move from there fun cool town and nice humans

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where I grew up, Southern California in the 1950s-70s. I had it all (weather, beaches, desert, mountains, girls, hot rods, music) and never realized how quickly it would end. But I've got memories, lots of great memories (y)

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where I grew up, Southern California in the 1950s-70s. I had it all (weather, beaches, desert, mountains, girls, hot rods, music) and never realized how quickly it would end. But I've got memories, lots of great memories (y)
That's where I live now. I live in a town, away from the cities so we can grow food and have animals. I'm within an hour of the mountains, beaches, and desert. I live 15 minutes away from the San Diego Safari Park. Pretty nice place to live if it weren't for the horrible politicians, high crime, lack of water, high fire danger, unaffordable prices on everything, and an unreliable electric grid. Poor future planning and bad leadership ruined paradise.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's where I live now. I live in a town, away from the cities so we can grow food and have animals. I'm within an hour of the mountains, beaches, and desert. I live 15 minutes away from the San Diego Safari Park. Pretty nice place to live if it weren't for the horrible politicians, high crime, lack of water, high fire danger, unaffordable prices on everything, and an unreliable electric grid. Poor future planning and bad leadership ruined paradise.
I hear you. It got to where there was nothing left to stay for outside of my town. The places I loved were gone, or overcrowded & buried in hours of traffic. Once my daughter and grandkids left for their welfare, we were gone ASAP.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im a city boy at heart i feel way safer around my own people. i guess becuase we share lots of the same ideas. here in the south i trully feel as if im a alien. some say well move then. it isnt to easy to move acorss the country

Monocrom

Flashaholic
cleveland is amazeing dumbest thing ive done was move from there fun cool town and nice humans
I was genuinely blown away by how friendly and courteous everyone was in Cleveland. Oh look.... Actual human-beings, not worthless stereotypes in adult bodies. (Been in NYC since 1979 when I was a child. I figure a handful of decades is long enough to draw realistic conclusions regarding my fellow New Yorkers.)

Other thing that blew my mind is that Cleveland has attractions and places worth visiting on par with NYC. Everything there is just more densely packed and closer together because it's a smaller city.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'm happy where I am. NYC, but in Queens about 10 miles from Manhattan. Best of both worlds. Detached SFH. The property is about as large as I would want anyway (40'x100'). I've even grown veggies at times. If I get the urge to be in a more cosmopolitan setting, the bus to the subway is 2 blocks away. In 35 to 40 minutes I'm in Manhattan. Or I can go to downtown Flushing. 35 minute walk, or 10 minute bike ride.

If I had to move it would be north. Can't stand hot weather. Summers in NYC are typically hot and humid but fortunately I only have to tolerate that weather for about 3 months of the year.

I'm a city person at heart as well.

chip100t

Enlightened
In a perfect world in a detached house with a big garden by the sea somewhere on the south coast of England.

But where I am now on the outskirts of Greater London is good because I live within a 30min drive from most of my family, so would miss seeing them as much as I do.