Which budget 18650 light?

downzero

Newly Enlightened
I need to purchase some more lights and would appreciate some guidance.

I had a Solarforce for many years but I accidentally left it somewhere. I'll get it back eventually but I don't have it now.

I also have some ultrafires but I have had a bunch of problems with their tail switches.

I prefer a 1 or 2 mode light (high and low or just high) because I find toggling through a bunch of modes to be unnecessary.

I use my lights to work in the garage, walk my dogs, camping, and in the trucks in case I have to change a tire or something.

I have the capability to charge 123s and 18650s.

I have thought that a permanently mounted, hard wired light in the vehicles would be a good solution but most rechargeable lights seem excessively expensive so I carry extra batteries instead.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Re: Which 18650?

Being a single cell and knowing your stuff,i would go unprotected up to about a 4a-5a tops draw. If more go IMR way..........no need for protected unless you feel more comfortable,dont keep an eye on cells and could risk running too low(but still not good long term regardless of PCB or not)

So sanyo,samsung,panasonic,sony,LG ,...........take your pick to name some,run time a must,then 3400mah,keeppower,pany B cells,could go on,just go with good retailer thats trusted,ideally in country to save risk of being held at customs............(3400 are pany inside so dont get stung with specific branded cells)

Right now pany PFs/BDs or LG/Samsung offer good value cells............

downzero

Newly Enlightened

Wow, I totally must not have explained myself. I have cells. I need a few more lights to put them in!

ven

Flashaholic

:laughing: i just read title "which 18650" had a read and presumed you wanted a cell .

Having solarforce,would you not go back there?? as many have multi mode etc ,but with memory the fenix pd35 is a popular light.

What budget,prefer throw over flood or both??

My apologies:)

downzero

Newly Enlightened

Budget not a huge issue, but I would like to buy a few of them.

I liked my Solarforce but there's a bunch of stuff out there and I wanted to make sure I looked at some of the others.

I would prefer something with a wider beam.