Which LED-light of yours have you used for the longest time?

Beretta1526

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tektite became the eventual owner of the Tekna line. They have a guide of a bunch of original Tekna lights, but none are listed with button cells. I suggest you try contacting Tektite and see what they know about it.

history: http://www.tek-tite.com/src/products.php?c=3053
info table: http://www.tek-tite.com/src/products.php?c=2122
pictures: http://www.tek-tite.com/src/images/tekna_flashlights.jpg

A company rep is a CPF member, too - [email protected]:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/member.php?u=112
registered in 2001, last logged in just a week ago

I hadn't thought to ask Scott about it, but maybe I will. I had taken all of my Tekna lights that he didn't have one of and shipped them to him for their "museum." It's possible that one or more of those pics are lights that I had sent him. He sent me a really cool light that I keep in my BoB. It's a camouflage strobelight. I still laugh, because it's almost a real-world oxymoron.

I noticed a lot of people mentioning their U2. I still use mine a lot, but quit carrying it as an EDC for now. I do greatly prefer the beam, especially at the lower levels, but the overall size is just too much. I had gone from an L4 to the U2 when the first U2's became available. I used to run it on a Pila 168s (I think that's the one), but it took so long before the battery needed recharging, I went back to 123's.

I was using a nice little KL4/FB1 combo alternating back and forth between teh U2 and that. As soon as the E1B came out, I quit carrying the other lights, although I do miss the large hotspot and full corona from the KL4.

john46268

john46268

Newly Enlightened
I bought an AAA Dorcy to retire my Solitaire and carried it for years and years. I still carry it in my coat as a second light to my JetBeam, My EDC AAA is now an L0D Q4. It will last me until they upgrade the L.E.D. enough to make a difference :) I also EDC a JetBeam in my front jeans pocket.

Happy lighting!

G

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
My EDC lights (those that live in my jeans coin pocket) change regularly as better things come along, but I've had my HDS EDC B42 for 2.5 years and it still gets used nearly every night as a bedside reading light and general night-use light.

I've had an CMG infinity ultra for 4 years but it rarely gets used now.

lctorana

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't use LEDs much, but it would be toss-up between my EDC & my (cree'd) Golston.

With the 128-LED showerhead not far behind.

All the really bright stuff (P7, Crees, Rebels, 20W monster etc) don't see much use, and anything I have that is more than single mode has seen exactly zero use.

chuck4570

chuck4570

Enlightened
I have been using a Surfire L1, 4 square sided one, for 5 years now, it's the best light I have for navigating the house at night. I don't even consider it part of my light collection, but more of a fixture on my nightstand, it gets used every night.

Chuck

Gunner12

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The LED light that has been with me the longest is probably around 1.5-2 years old by now. Eastward JY U2 style Cree. It's cheap by most of your standards($40 total with all the mods) but it has worked almost every time I clicked the switch(I managed to somehow break the driver, so I swapped it for another one and change the P4 to a Q5), and I can't really buy anything else.

S

swj0001

Newly Enlightened
Original, first generation Inova T3, with TIROS. Bought in late 2004. It stays in the trunk of the car and still gets used a few times per month.

RWT1405

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would guess the LED light I have had longest & still use is a Inova X-5. Not really sure when I bought it, but it was one of the first (good LED anyway) LED's that I bought and certainly was the FIRST good LED that I bought.

datiLED

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I still have an old Nuwai ALX-332L. It defines the term beater light. I upgraded it to a USVOH Seoul LED when PhotonFanatic sold the first batch of Seoul LED's (remember that? :D).

I have a lot of other lights around now, but it still sees action as my backup light because I power it with a 17670 cell, and can count on at least 90 minutes of runtime. Is also my attic and "dirty work" go-to light when I need more than a headlamp.

Sgt. LED

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Minimag 2 AA holding a self frosted 5mm LED I found in a parking lot one day. It runs for at least 1 hour every night. Runtime is incredible as with my usage batteries last months! Oh how I wish I knew what 5mm LED it is, never found another like it. Alot like SMJLED's but even better tint, with a hair less output.

It stays put as number one of the bedside crew. With the frosted treatment it is awesome to read with.

kramer5150

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Minimag 2 AA holding a self frosted 5mm LED I found in a parking lot one day. It runs for at least 1 hour every night. Runtime is incredible as with my usage batteries last months! Oh how I wish I knew what 5mm LED it is, never found another like it. Alot like SMJLED's but even better tint, with a hair less output.

It stays put as number one of the bedside crew. With the frosted treatment it is awesome to read with.

You found an LED in a parking lot...LOL and shoved it in a minimag. Thats too funny.

I used to work in the automotive industry. I got an AA minimag in 1998 as a gift from AK Steel when I toured their steel mill in Ohio. It since has been upgraded with a night-ize 3LED drop in. So the host is a decade old and the drop in is about a year old. I use it all the time around the house for low lumen applications.

W

Well-Lit

Newly Enlightened
Still using my HDS/EDC's on a daily basis, for general use around the house and for carry. It's hard to replace old friends that are always there for you and only ask for a fully charged RCR123 every now and then.

Best Regards:
Bob

Rossymeister

Rossymeister

Enlightened
The Surefire U2 Ultra. I bought it about 2 years ago, and its still going strong.

-Aaron

I

iandan888

Newly Enlightened
LumaPower d-mini

L

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
My PalLite. I don't use it as much as I once did because it is not as bright as a lot of my newer lights, but it has that wonderful dim "find-me" glow that's unique. It's great to put in a backpack, not only because you can find it quickly, but because it also illuminates the things in the pack when your eyes are dark adapted. Works great as a portable night-light when travelling too.

D

Duodec

Newly Enlightened
I also have a first generation Pal light without all the protuberances and clip holes. Its my nightstand light; a batch of second generation ones with the rubber lens protector ridge and clip and the ability to turn off completely were the first ones I bought as gifts for others. Most still have and use them.

I also have a relatively early Eternalight that still sees use every week or two; its in my briefcase.

I just checked and my first handbuilt 'super-bright' giant red Radio Shack LED, resistor, friction tape, and 9v battery unit still works too, but its been out of use for years so it doesn't really count.

Metatron

Metatron

Banned
in all honesty, my led lenzer [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
ZL7854
[/FONT]
' gets most of my attention over and above the tk10 or clh1 v4 or the dbsv2 simply because it lasts a whole working day, is no poor cousin to the others, beam wise. a great flashlight, rechargeable, light enough to hold with ur teeth:)

Last edited: