Which LEP has the widest beam width - Acebeam, Weltool, Jetbeam or Nextorch?

carrot

Flashaholic
The Weltool W4 is about as wide a hotspot as the Noctigon K1 W1 at 40 feet. On low, it matches the K1 W1 on turbo. High is no contest.

It throws pretty good too. Love mine.

w754cIF.jpg

I'd better quit while I'm ahead. I don't plan to buy any more LEP as this one is... enough.

Last edited:

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
wow! first impressions.. this light is madness! very tight beam with no spill. highly concentrated amount of light. it's a weapon that can do serious retinal damage. bouncing off a white wall hurts my eyes. i need to wear sunglasses. lol

it reminds me of an aspherical lens light but much more powerful. overall, i am quite impressed! now i'm totally looking forward to future LEP lights! this hobby just got more expensive. :D

kolchak

Newly Enlightened
I did some comparing and these observations stand out in particular. First, the color on the W4 is definitely warmer but has a green quality. Second, the W4's corona is larger while the hotspot is about the same size as the M1X. I think the difference is entirely in the optical lenses. The W4's is floodier. The M1X is brighter by a smidge and closer to white. They both look to throw about the same more or less.

20200719-195845.jpg

Side by side: left W4 and right M1X -
20200801-044459.jpg

W4
20200801-063212.jpg

M1X
20200801-060030.jpg

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the night stalker solves another one (i loved that show). pics like this make me want to get another lep...i guess the m1x might be it

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The size of the hotspot depends mostly on the size of the light source (which we don't know for these LEP lights, but they are probably all very similar in this regard) and the focal length of the lens. The focal length is basically the distance between the lens and the light source. So your best bet in determining the size of the hotspot is to try the light with the shortest focal length. I realize that finding out this value is somewhat difficult.

In reality focal length is not completely indepedent of the lens diameter. Lenses with smaller diameters allow for shorter focal lengths. So just trying the light with the smallest lens diameter might just be all that is needed. You can find this out by estimating the the thickness of the bezel based on pictures of the light, multiplying it by 2 and subtracting this value from the diameter of the flashlights head (this value is usually given by the manufacturer).

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
the LEP lights are too bright for this. one could hurt their eyes doing so unless "the yard" is many acres or at least 1 acre. I'm just gonna 'throw' my opinion out there, my recommendation would be a typical tir optic or even an adjustable size or fixed size hemispherical aspheric lens. this could give limited spill as to not let others know you are out there but adequate light and beam size to check your surrounding.
This kind of thinking is why I really don't like these being categorized as lasers :shrug:, a Thrunite TN42 ir Acebeam K75 will do 1,000,000cd easy and the BLF GT approaches 2,000,000.... unless these are putting out UV rays like HID's they should not be harmful.

Wouldn't smaller LEP's like the smaller Jetbeam or Fenix lights and the W3 have a wider beam or do LEP lights not work like reflectored lights?

Latest posts