which of these lights is brightest

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
which of the following lights has the brightest hotspot when compared to the other light?

Surefire E2l or Inova T3

longbow micra or Inova T1

Nuwai Q3 or longbow micra

LED Xtreme predator or Surefire U2

Pelican M6 LED or streamlight Tl2 (new generation)

Also, if you own a micra please tell me your opinion, thanks.

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you considering another new light besides the Micra you ordered?

If so, I'd concentrate on either a 2-cell or 3-cell model. Your going to generally get more runtime and output with 2 or 3 cells (vs. the 1-cell model like the Micra).

The list above:

Micra wins in brighter hotspot over Nuwai (Nuwai gives more overall light though)

I haven't done side-by-side comparisons with any of the others on your list...but since I have the Predator and U2 I will compare them soon.

BTW, if memory works, I see Brightguy.com rates the usable throw of the Inova X03 and T3 at 250 feet. This is SERIOUS throw my opinion says. If you just want a thrower that is cheap ($69), you need a X03 I think.

http://www.brightguy.com/detail_int.php?Sku=EMIT3WB

If you want a thrower, just get one of these and don't look back. I personally am not a fan of them, but I don't get into many situations where I need to light up the nose of a flea at multiple football fields away. Your miles may vary a bit.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I was considering T3 but in my opinion, its too big.

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
Well I was considering T3 but in my opinion, its too big.

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

Too big??

You already have a small light (Micra). The T3 is small in the grand scheme of things, just compare it to a D-Cell Maglite and see if the T3 is still "too big"...

I personally don't understand the compulsion some have with micro-sized lights. Yes, for EDC they are great, but micro-sized lights will NEVER give the same brightness or runtime as full sized lights.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Micra and I love it. It was my most used light over in Iraq. It has been through a lot and has a few chips on it from being dropped and such (even into a porta-john once, thank goodness it landed onto of paper LOL...)

I compared the Micra next to an Inova XO and the XO out throws the Micra but is twice the size and offers 4 hours of regulated run time vs the Micra's 1 hour and change.

The Pelican M6 LED offers a nice throw with decent output (most likely due to the reflector) but it is not regulated. The new Ha III M6 from Battery station is 3 W with regulation for $100. My PM6 LED just sits thee due to having other lights.

As said above, the one cell lights will not give the size and brightness of 2 or 3 cell lights.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, Inova is good for it size and really bright too.But how bright is the longbow micra micra compared to your other lights? I havent yet recieved mine.

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
yeah, Inova is good for it size and really bright too.But how bright is the longbow micra micra compared to your other lights? I havent yet recieved mine.

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

Its in the low end of brightness. Does good for its size my opinion says (if all one compares the Micra too is Mouse Lights), but compare it to non-mouse lights and its dim my opinion says.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, umm, micra sized light can be just as bright as larger light, for instanc, E1E with kl1 outshines the majority of two cell luxeon lights.

-David

davidra

Enlightened
Throw Chart

Since the results are much more objective than any individual's opinion, why don't you spend some time with Quickbeam's charts? Since hotspot approximates throw, you can get all the information you need there.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
yeah, umm, micra sized light can be just as bright as larger light, for instanc, E1E with kl1 outshines the majority of two cell luxeon lights.

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because of the KL1 optics. You put the same optics in a 2-cell light, and the two cell light will be brighter (unless the regulator circuit is set to limit the output). The KL1 optics put if memory serve over 80% of the light into a narrow beam--which gives the brightness. Its actually the concentration in the beam that gives the KL1 the throw, NOT the output levels my opinion says. Put the same optics in a light with more cells, and within reason (to avoid overheating the led) the more cells will produce more concentrated brightness.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll put money on the fact it wont outshine an 2 cell aleph 3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, the kl1 outshines some 2 cell lights because of optics, other than that, 2 cells are generally brighter.

-David

deranged_coder

Enlightened
The X03 (T3's twin brother) seems brighter than the E2L IMHO.

E2LvsX03Beamshot.jpg

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Yes, the X03 is brighter than the E2L but it is also noticeably larger which makes it a bit more difficult to EDC:

E2LvsX03Size.jpg

That aside though, the X03 is an amazing light. Well worth getting IMHO.