Whistle Over Intercom at Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mundele- Thanks, that sounds like it could definitely be it!

DimmerD- Sometimes my pant leg feels like it's vibrating while I'm driving, makes me think my cellphone is ringing; most times it's not. Clark forklifts seem to be the worst for causing this.

Thanks everyone, next time I have to venture into the evil Walmart I'll check the TV ad thing. :buddies:

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Maybe you have really high-pitch ringing in your ears. :thinking:

I know what it is... over in the grocery section, they have tvs that play ads. one of them has a whistling tune to it that carries further than the rest of the audio. It's really irritating. I forget what the commercial is for. So much for marketing.
The Toyota Prius "Futurewow" commercial where the people whistle? (was filmed in Chinatown in Vancouver I believe).

Last edited:

h_nu

Enlightened
Maybe if we shopped at Walmart either early or late in the day we might notice it too. Whenever I go into Walmart it seems very noisy and crowded.

ralfdog

Newly Enlightened
I sure am glad someone else hears this demonic tune. It is not stray intercon noises, nor is it someone messing around. It sounds like a soundtrack of a 7 note whistle that last for about 5 secs, done by a professional whistler. It resembles the kind of whistling you hear in the old Clint Eastwood spagetti westerns, when the gunslingers face off. I also asked the Walmart employees about it and they look at me like I was nuts. I'm going to bring a good recorder with me next time and catch some soundbites to post. I think it's some kind of marketing campaign that uses the new technology, directing sounds at random people.

Secret_Whistle

Newly Enlightened
We have heard the weird Walmart whistle!! We joined this group just so we could reply to your question. We have been wondering for over a year what the creepy little whistle is. If you do an internet search on it, you find almost NOTHING!

And then - - we were watching a commercial on TV recently that had nothing to do with Walmart . . . and the end of it, the creepy Walmart whistle played.

I think it's some sort of secret subliminal message to get us to associate the whistle with Walmart, then when we hear the whistle on product commericals, we think "I need to go to Walmart to buy that!", without even realizing it.

We think it's a creepy trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts