Who can tell me about this Streamlight?

letschat7

Suspended
Last night I took the spare bulb out of my Strion which in this case it is in the tail cap and not under the contact as on the Scorpion and added a 16650 which was a perfect fit. Then brighness and beam wise it was as if I had two Strions. I think theres a 18650 in the Strion cell. What else is lithium and that size?

letschat7

Suspended
Honestly, I'm surprised that the Pelican M6 from back in the day wasn't more successful. Came in a distant 3rd to the SureFire 6P, and the Streamlight Scorpion. But the M6's construction is better than the Scorpion's, and the M6 actually came with a fantastic nylon belt holster that had a slot for carrying two CR123 spare batteries. Just represented a great value over the other two.

Then each one got upgraded to LED. Pelican screwed up, and we had that huge controversy with the M6 LED having severely over-reported output. (I mean quite a substantial amount more than the Industry standard of rated lumens vs. Out The Front output.)
I got some Lumens factory parts and some rechargable batteries from SF and it really makes the Pelican M6 a totally usable light. I see it as a nice indoors nothing too serious light that looks great and is good to use.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got some Lumens factory parts and some rechargable batteries from SF and it really makes the Pelican M6 a totally usable light. I see it as a nice indoors nothing too serious light that looks great and is good to use.
Smart move; indeed LF's Peli-specific D26s keep the M6/3/1 alive.
BTW I also have custom clicky switch modules for both the S/T-serial tailcap hosts if anyone is interested......

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew my man @aznsx would jump in on the Scorpion thread. 😎
The Scorpion was Streamlight's answer to the Surefire 6P and a good one at that. I had one for awhile. Adjustable beam, and the head has a slot for a spare bulb.
Not quits so IMHO. The TL-2 would be on that spot instead.

Have used the incan Scorpion for some 25+ years. Good general "tactical-style" light but not tactical enough IMO. Hasn't got any major plug-in upgrades until around 2016 when Lumens Factory devised a specific tower module for the incan Scorpion/TL-2 or similar. That's why I still keep my Scorpions to this day.

Problem w/incan Scorpion is mainly with the head assy. Press-fit PC lens is very hard to manage esp. when the existing one gets melted and needs to be replaced (the old one can be popped out easily, but having a new one popped back in is a total PIA).

Meanwhile the rubber sleeve also needs to be replaced every few years, esp. when the sleeve becomes loose.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rubber sleeve was also a wear issue depending how carried. I carried one of these back in the day and the clothes wear rubbed through the tail switch area that allowed moisture into the switch area. I liked the light for the $ though as mentioned the SF 6P was the better. The aftermarket allowed options.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight Scorpion! I still have several, and back in the day, must have purchased more than half a dozen of them, to keep several, and give away a few. I like/prefer the rubber sleeve. Not as cold to the touch, and "quieter" when setting it down. Gave one to my father, who really liked the light...until he had to replace the CR123 batteries. He couldn't fathom spending that much on batteries. Good thing I never showed him the SureFire M6, LOL.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
The Scorpion's little brother - Streamlight Nightfighter
Metal body, adjustable beam, store a bulb...
This is more like a 6P with twist on and momentary on.
View attachment 62553
One of the coolest features on the streamlight Incan hand helds is that they store a spare bulb either under the reflector or in the tailcap. Quite useful for out in the field.

Latest posts