who else makes high cri lights

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a list of manufacturers. As far as I know the only ones are zebralight,hds,peak,mcgizmo,surefire,malkoff.......are there more

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone who ever made an incandescent? :devil:

But in all seriousness, you've covered most of them.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Neutral or warm leds don't necessarily always have a higher CRI than cool-white leds. There is only a loose correlation.

I think there should be a distinction between these and those leds specifically marketed as having higher CRI with the actual CRI rating in the label.

McGizmo uses these special purpose emitters in his SunDrops and some of his Mules.

mbw_151

Enlightened
Other than incans, the only Surefire that I am aware of that will be High CRI is the Minimus Vision if/when it makes it to customers.

Even "High CRI" is an inadequate description without the color temperature. I have an HDS modded with a 4000K High CRI Seoul emitter that's very different from the ~3000K High CRI XP-G Malkoff M61WLL that I bought. Both are 92 CRI, but the Malkoff is a lot closer to looking like an incan. Interestingly, I prefer the 4000K beam indoors and the ~3000K beam outdoors. I can't say exactly why, maybe there's more pure white indoors than outdoors.

Snow

Enlightened
The Peak Eiger modded with Nichia high CRI LED and sold by Oveready fits the bill. The beam on mine is gorgeous.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did I just step into the twilight zone? People in this forum aren't concerned about light output above all else, including their ability to see?

My how things change. And for the better sometimes.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did I just step into the twilight zone? People in this forum aren't concerned about light output above all else, including their ability to see?

My how things change. And for the better sometimes.

:thumbsup: I am currently composing a review on the McGizmo High CRI Haiku, a light that produces 'only' 85-90 lumen on high, and the lead in to the review is very similar to what you just posted.

You are sooo right - sometimes things do change for the better!!:thumbsup:

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
You can add the terralux penlight (lightstar80) to your list ;-)

Snow

Enlightened
Re: Peak Eiger high CRI

My wife doesn't agree, but in this case, my "buy first, ask questions later" philosophy worked. If I had known only 40 were available, I might've bought 2.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

There will be more for the Peak but it won't be using the 90 CRI LEDs. The last time I read it will be using a lower CRI LED somewhere around 85?

afraidofdark

Enlightened

Yes, there are more high CRI Peak lights, available from Oveready and em-mgt.

Also 4Sevens has a limited run of high CRI XP-G Quarks available right now.