Who has a Cat or Cats?

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
my guy? that's tc (follows his predecessor, magnum - he was so close to being named higgins he has no idea, lol). i think he's a plain ol' 16 1/2 y.o. black stripped tabby cat.

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
LULZ... i'm so reenacting that scene when i get home. cat's going to be like, what the heck. :crackup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That's going to be epic! :twothumbs

Edit: Song in the background is "Boadicea" by Enya.

Last edited:
Catching some early morning rays from his new favorite spot.
Z7KdDKo.jpg

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1567082810.857191.jpg

My son's classmate found this guy in a gutter. I haven't owned a cat in 30 years. I said no, since my cavy died this past winter, and they family made me dig a hole with a pickaxe in 20 degree weather...while they were warm inside watching me.
I came home from work and took a nap and woke up to this furball sleeping on my son's lap. I guess we have a cat now

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Him looks pretty formidable.
it is only the looks, he runs and hides in a closet from any loud noise, when people come over he hides. and wont show up long after they are gone, not all friends believe i have a cat lol, cuz they never see him.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My son's classmate found this guy in a gutter. I haven't owned a cat in 30 years. I said no, since my cavy died this past winter, and they family made me dig a hole with a pickaxe in 20 degree weather...while they were warm inside watching me.
I came home from work and took a nap and woke up to this furball sleeping on my son's lap. I guess we have a cat now

No offense, but that's really messed up that your family demanded you do that.

LedTed

Enlightened
Sorry, I'm going to add to the sadness. Then I finish with a cute story I've told here before. When I met my too be wife, "The girl came with two cats." And, I'll admit that because my wife and I never had kids, maybe the cats came to mean a little too much to us. When the cats passed we couldn't bring ourselves to get other pets. But we kept our fond memories. One CPF related story in particular, I remember doing my monthly flashlight maintenance routine and enjoying the calico knocking my neatly lined up NC D11s off of the coffee table, less than two feet down to the carpeted floor. She never got in the way at my ESD station and always waited for me to get back upstairs to the last step in the monthly process. I don't know if she could count. But, she always new when the last flashlight got staged before they were all (pawed to the floor then) put away.

Candzy

Newly Enlightened
Just something about grey cats like that one.... Always reminds me of Clovis from the Stephen King movie "Sleep Walkers." Had an All-Star cast of actors, all of whom were horrible! Clovis the cat literally gave the best acting performance out of everyone on that movie! Not even remotely joking!

"Just you and me now, Clovis."

I remember that one

Yeah, he looks like Clovis.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
The last few days at our desert home, when coming and going I heard one of out outdoor cats call me for three days. Then last night at 0400 I heard it crying, and I went outside with, guess what, a flashlight, and lit the cat up on the roof. The dam cat climbed our palm tree, got on the roof then could not get back down.

That cat was up on the roof three days! No food, water, no nothing. So I had to get the ladder out at 4 AM, and go up and rescue the feline!

Cats...that's what they do to us!

Nevertheless, the kitty was successfully retrived without any incident!

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i learned an interesting thing the other day, cat's purpose in peoples home, for thousands of years was CO detection, similar to birds in mines, cats are very sensitive to CO, they won't die like birds, but they raise the alarm, since all homes, until last couple hundred years go, were heated with wood stoves, that also doubles as cooking stove\ovens. keeping cats was a safety issue, rather than companionship