who has L2P extension

adam38654

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a SolarForce L2P from LightHound with and the extension is an older shiny one while the L2P is matte or flat black. I have heard the new extensions match the L2P and was wondering who has them?

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go look at Solarforce-sales dot com for the matte finish tubes, they will be coming from Hong Kong though and will take at least 3 weeks to get to the U.S. probably more with the holiday rush.

nerrad

Newly Enlightened
The 18650 one I got from lighthound early this year was flat black while the cr123 one was gloss black.

The 18650 extension matches my L2T pretty well.

adam38654

Newly Enlightened
I got the 18650 one and my luck it is shiny. It matches my Surfire 9p but that is a weird battery combination. I would have to run 3x 123 and 1 18650 unless I bored out the 9p.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I ordered a SolarForce L2P from LightHound with and the extension is an older shiny one while the L2P is matte or flat black. I have heard the new extensions match the L2P and was wondering who has them?

Pretty sure there isn't a specific L2P extension, the extension you have is an L2 extension which won't be HA hence the difference in finish.

Norm

adam38654

Newly Enlightened
I emailed solarforce-sales and they said...

"Yes, we do have extention that match L2P which is not shinny... The 18650 extention are all dim in colour and not shinny"

adam38654

Newly Enlightened
I think SF is switching to flat black for all their new stuff IIA or IIIA. I don't see why lighthound sent me old stock.

naked2

Enlightened
Not the case; old gloss black (L2) and new flat black (L2T and L2 2011) are type 2, whereas matte black (L2P, L2X, M6, M8, Masterpieces, as well as most tailcap switches that are sold seperately) are type 3. If you look at the pictures on the sales site, the extensions are shown both shiny and matte, but none flat. The shiny would match L2 and the matte would match L2P etc.; I doubt they're making extensions in three different sheens though.

Last edited:

adam38654

Newly Enlightened
I thought flat and matte were the same thing. I think his pictures just show different lighting. In one of his adds for a black L2P the picture is clearly a dark grey one.

naked2

Enlightened
No; flat and matte are not the same; as stated in my post above, SolarForce makes black products in three different sheens. I know, I have all three of them! I'm not sure which ad you're talking about, but as well as black, SolarForce makes the L2P in grey, blue, and gold (I really like the blue, but can't justify buying one, as I have too many empty P60 hosts as it is!).