Who Likes Fire?

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
f93c0876.jpg

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
FC, if you like you can e-mail me the shots I'll host and then post them for you.

-Mike

TheFire

Enlightened
Are you kidding? Fire is my friend...

On a side note, how many of you have ever actually intentionally set yourselves on fire? What an amazing feeling... (for a short period of time, at least) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And for those of you who are just starting to get into the hobby of setting things on fire, may I recommend the Brunton Helios as an appropriate addition to your EDC?

I'm not a pyro. Honestly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
TheFire,

Three out of four (lifetime) trips to the ER for significant burns. I hesitate to speculate how many times that weren't "significant" enough for the ER. I can say that none of them were ever intentional! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

TheFire

Enlightened
Larry: I don't know how many times (many, many) I've been to the ER, but I haven't ever been there for burns - I just seem to have this bad habit of breaking myself. In the past 8 years, I have had 6 seperate ocasions to be casted (only one of which involved a concussion)... The trick is that a broken bone isn't particularly an emergency, so going to the "urgent care" window rather than the ER is usually a LOT faster...

Anyway, the trick with lighting yourself on fire is to avoid things that burn hotly and to shake out the flaming area within a few seconds, before you get blisters. "Off" bug spray works well, if you cover your hand with it. Another option is to dip your hand in water and then in benzine, allowing a longer, less hot burn. Also, if you haven't set yourself on fire recently I would recommend starting with your non-dominant hand, and be aware that if your hand has any hair on it, that will burn away the first time. Start near a bucket of water (for your peace of mind) before you learn how easy it is to shake a burning limb out.

Oh yeah - it's not my fault if your burn your limbs off trying this at home... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't do it without supervision!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
TheFire,

My father told a tale of when he was in college of watching an instructor passing his finger through a stream of molten iron! Appearantly, the surface moisture vaporizes, preventing enough thermal transfer to cause a significant burn! (Burns really suck and are a long time healing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

A stupid trick is to fill your "fist" with butane from a lighter, light it at the top, and slowly squeeze your fist shut to keep it burning while lighting your cig. (Squeze too slow, get a blister. Too fast, run outta butane. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )
Gotta admit getting hit with a CO2 extinguisher is very refreshing when you're lit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

What the heck happened to our shoes?

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are nuts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif But I like the stories /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I've accidentallyt burnt (but not ignited) my hair a couple of times while doing some close-up soldering work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Nowadays a lighted magnifier and bobby pins are my friends. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Whoops, I meant INTENTIONALLY setting myself one fire!

Twice in my life, I've lost hair on my head and arms when working with gas burners (LP and NG). When those things are kantankerous, they are REALLY so!!!