Who likes the Jelly format?

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting used to it. I went to like something and a conformation thing poped up asking if I meant to do that. If I had done it by mistake all I would have to do was press the button again and it would undo it.

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
CPF Supporter
I've noticed lots of new avatars lately.

And I got my first lewd pm this morning. Some new member asking me to view her naked pics. Just click on the link……
By chance can you report the message? It helps me track things down.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Hey. I'll take 2.5mil pesos. That equates to $125,642.10

After living with the Jelly format for a while now, I'm getting used to it. I love the fact that it's mobile friendly as is and I don't have to use a third party app to make it so. I like how the edit and attachment feature works. Dark mode is a god send! I also like the similar threads at the bottom. It bubbles up relevant posts that might have aged out and forgotten.

However, the CSS does make some old posts that have been formatted with different texts or colors somewhat unreadable. Not sure if it's because I have dark mode enabled. And I have seen some linked threads not work properly. I'll have to go find some examples.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I got a lewd PM as well, very strange. glad I'm not the only one!!! hahahahah

I think this is great so far. Some poilish and sanding to be applied here and there but resistance to change is bound to leave you in the dust!

I do miss some of the old avatars but it is nice seeing so many new ones!!!!!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
However, the CSS does make some old posts that have been formatted with different texts or colors somewhat unreadable. Not sure if it's because I have dark mode enabled. And I have seen some linked threads not work properly. I'll have to go find some examples.

I sorta agree I think there may be some contrast improvements made for dark mode, particularly with read/ unread threads and such. Good things take time. It's very managable so far so hard to complain tooo much!!!!!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Does anyone find that your replies (especially short ones) get kind of lost when you reply to a longer post?

2021-08-19 15_04_55-NovaTac EDC T and E Models CRACKED! Back Door_Easter egg found! _ Page 20 ...png

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
That is an option but quotes help to direct the reply when a thread has a few talking points.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
That is an option but quotes help to direct the reply when a thread has a few talking points.

I put a 2 line gap between the quote and my response. I use the light version. Switched to dark and went "woah…… I see what you mean". In light mode the gray box of the quote is easy to see.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if it's possible but perhaps it would be easier to navigate through a post if the quoted text was in italics like the old format? I have to admit I'm struggling to wade my way through quotes, responses and siglines to find the actual meat of the post o_O

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I put a 2 line gap between the quote and my response. I use the light version. Switched to dark and went "woah…… I see what you mean". In light mode the gray box of the quote is easy to see.
Yeah, I'm sure whatever visual "issues" I have is due to Dark Mode not completely optimized, but it's a tradeoff I'd be willing to take anytime. And of course they're not really issues. I completely welcome the new format. Just some constructive criticisms.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Greta mentioned sig line, do they only show on CPU version now and not mobile? I don't see sig lines on my iPhone on the new format.

Is the mobile and CPU the same software, just one that adapts for screen size?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Supporter
Greta mentioned sig line, do they only show on CPU version now and not mobile? I don't see sig lines on my iPhone on the new format.

Is the mobile and CPU the same software, just one that adapts for screen size?
iPhone: sigline no show in portrait aspect. Siglines show in landscape position

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Thanx.
I see it in some but not others. Example is sometimes I see Raggae 33's sigline in some posts and not in others. Same with mine and other members.