Who makes the most expensive flashlights?

strideredc

Enlightened
I have always thought that this was probably mcgizmo and his custom made titanium lights?
Am I really far behind the times?
Custom anything has never really been my thing as if you lose it it's hard or impossible to replace.
But after just looking at a website selling £3k keyring lights it's made me think ;)
I did own a gatlight for a few months many many years ago I got in a trade and it was nice it was not worth the £300 or whatever it cost... It was sold quick smart! What have people got out there in 2022 and what's hot and why???? Lots of questions...

strideredc

Enlightened
Wow, I suppose I can't talk as I like expensive watches. I do try to buy things that go up in value... Houses, Rolex watches.... hopefully a lot of my knife collection ;) I don't do it to try to make money as a very rarely sell them but more to justify to myself buying them in the first place....

strideredc

Enlightened
I always liked the spy but I thought they were like £500 when they first came out (I don't have a dollar sign on my phone keypad)

strideredc

Enlightened
What does a Mcgizmo light even cost now? Have any lights like this ever appreciated in value on the market?
It seems the lumen race has died down a bit apart from these massive lights you need a shoulder strap to carry around!

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its just another good example of different priorities & interests. Many people would look at a Rolex the same way you look at that 8K flashlight. With modern quartz technology, there's not much to be gained functionally from a 8k Rolex over a modern ETA quartz with accuracy within 10 seconds a year, and I say that as a watchmaker. Its simply a preference, like vinyl or incandescent bulbs. Same is true for expensive custom knives. Collectors & art piece more then anything else, but not a functional improvement as a tool.

Nothing wrong with buying something just because you like it. No justification necessary. We all have lots of things we dont really need. Not that long ago I bought a 19th century cavalry sabre just to hang on my wall & because I think its neat. Am I planning to chop off people's heads from horseback? Not yet...

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think tri-v wins this contest. And it doesn't even have gold plating, diamonds, or rubby buttons.

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen several $5700k lights on the custom FB page. Not sure if they sell but that's asking price.

All that artsy stuff isn't for me.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
8 Grand for the Tri-V..... I have known and read about those things on occasion here on CPF over the years but I had NO idea it cost that much. Just WOW.

IMHO that falls into the category of someone who literally has more money than they know what to do with. I imagine most of us would come up with a more practical way to use that $8,000.

Yes, yes, I know that every hobby is like this, believe me I know. As someone interested in both old Corvettes, and cameras, I still shake my head when 60's Vettes sell for well over 100k at auction, and Leica is selling 10k cameras that have no functional advantage over any other (similarly spec'd) digital cam.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
............... Not that long ago I bought a 19th century cavalry sabre just to hang on my wall & because I think its neat. Am I planning to chop off people's heads from horseback? Not yet...

And we're gonna need a picture of that blade! :D

(unless you just don't want to of course)

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its not an original, just a fairly basic replica. You can look up the 1840 "heavy" cavalry sabre from Windlass online. I say "heavy" because the US never had heavy cavalry. Its nice for the money & fairly accurate to the original. Doesn't come sharp tho (which was actually accurate for many originals aswell lol).

fulee9999

Enlightened
the most expensive I know are the FocusWorks flashlights, the bog standard zircuti cylon goes for around $4000 usually, but you can ask for trits, custom design, etc, and you'd be looking at five figure prices... then again, you'd have a flashlight with a design and components that literally no-one in the world has, and which was custom designed/machined/built for you.

strideredc

Enlightened
I have a HDS clicky and a rotary. I love both, they must be the most expensive led lights l have...all the M6 surefires I have (3) are user's with some in better condition than others.... the M4 M3 M2's,centurions som 6p and 9p are in too good a condition to use. But If they are user's when I got them they stay users from then on.....

Anyway no one's told me what a Mcgizmo costs or if any of these lights could be looked at as Investments

I have a Arc ls with cr133 and 3*AA in original bag but I don't think it's worth more than it cost new, remember they were not cheap lights then! I have no internet in selling as it's such a classic in my eyes and a real starting point for me...
The muyshondt thing? Were are they made and by who? I presume custom hand built for that price?

Last edited:

strideredc

Enlightened
What's the custom Facebook page? I am on the surefire one (or one of them) so I am aware of these groups...

strideredc

Enlightened
Its not an original, just a fairly basic replica. You can look up the 1840 "heavy" cavalry sabre from Windlass online. I say "heavy" because the US never had heavy cavalry. Its nice for the money & fairly accurate to the original. Doesn't come sharp tho (which was actually accurate for many originals aswell lol).
I have a repro samurai sword, it's very well made with a genuine hammon ect... So I get that totally. My mate has a real officers kantana from the ww2. His cost 20* what my one did!