Why do people dislike L.E.D.'s with a green tint ?

wjv

Enlightened
Because the Sun isn't green, therefore our eyes like white light. . .

El Camino

Newly Enlightened
Actually the sun emits more green light than any other color, but all of them mixed together make white. Our eyes are far more also sensitive to green than any other color. This is why night vision goggles have green tint.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do people dislike green tinted LEDs? Because green tinted LEDs are uuuuugly! :sick2:

Darvis

Enlightened
Green... I...... hate...... green. Must.... resist smashing.... nasty green lights... need... only... icy cool.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Why do people dislike green tinted LEDs? Because green tinted LEDs are uuuuugly! :sick2:
Okay, that's the response I'm going with too!

I generally prefer creamy white lights, just like sunlight or a dash warmer.
But seriously, why would I be happy with a light that makes things appear so strangely when I can now have warmer, creamy tints or even pure Nichia 119 white?

yliu

Enlightened
For an average user, it wouldn't matter this much, but sine everyone is a flashoholic here, people tend to be picky when it comes to tint.

beerwax

Enlightened
when your kids eat something they shouldnt have, and you need to induce vomiting , bring out your S2. everything, even puce green tint, has its place in this world.

loquutis79

Enlightened
Well I have to say when I first got into these sort of lights [Fenix were my first several] and I kept reading about all the people complaining about green tint, I could not understand it. Sure, I can see a little green on the lowest setting but when set to medium or higher I really could not notice it. I often suggested that anyone could send me their green lights and I would welcome them. Didn't bother me one bit.

Now as for the Olight S10. Well......had I know how freaking green it was going to be I would not have ordered it. The U.I. and moonbeam setting is what sold me as well as the size of it, but the green color on all levels of out put are a huge turn off. I mean, even on the highest setting it's really really green.

No more Olight for me. I'll stick with what I know.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
*Contents of post removed by Greta...

Oztorchfreak - this will be your final warning to cease and desist with you one-man crusade/agenda against Olight. We have all been reading your whining and complaining for literally MONTHS now... not only here on CPF but on other forums as well.ENOUGH!!! We got your message. Move on... (as I have already advised you by email - again, MONTHS ago!). The next step is a permanent banning. And do not email me. We have been over this already ad nauseum and I am DONE!

Last edited by a moderator:

burntoshine

Enlightened
I want to see what I'm looking at, not see everything as green. The world doesn't have a layer of green substance all over it; why should it look like it does?

High CRI warm tint - all the way!