Why no box or manuals.

farmall

Enlightened
I am thinking about buying a Seiko Monster and I have found a seller on ebay from singapore that has some really good prices.

The problem is that the watches come with no box or manuals.

The sellers feed back is 41,000 plus so I am fairly sure that they are real Seikos, but the no paperwork kinda bothers me.

Do you guys think this something to worry about?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
May not have a USA warrenty, may not be a legitimate product otherwise (a "knock-off reproduction), may be "hot" (less than up-front acquisition), may be paranoia...

Karlthev

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought from ebay sellers Pokemonyu and Premierworld, both in Singapore, and got good service out of both of them. My opinion is that they typically don't sell their watches with boxes because most of their customers don't want to pay for the boxes to be shipped.

Also I wonder where they get their watches, and maybe when they get their watches they don't come with boxes. I've been in one of the Seiko Company Stores and I've also heard of other people who shop there. Occasionally the Monsters can be purchased on sale for as low as $150 + tax, but they can almost always be bought out of Singapore for about $110 + $15 shipping. I guess the difference in price would cover the box and warranty, but I've never heard of anyone needing the warranty for a Seiko.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
karlthev said:
May not have a USA warrenty, may not be a legitimate product otherwise (a "knock-off reproduction), may be "hot" (less than up-front acquisition), may be paranoia...

Karlthev

"Just cause you ain't paranoid don't mean thay ain't out to get ya"
S Earle

:grin2: VDG

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Seiko's research and development department is in Singapore. Seiko's largest showroom is also in Singapore.

Here in Singapore, when I buy Seikos from shops, I can buy them with box and warranty and all and pay higher, or no box and no papers and pay cheaper. Its does not mean those are factory rejects.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for teh intersting info, I have never known that.
I ve noticed the price of seiko in Singapore are much cheaper than in Dubai
SJACKAL said:
Seiko's research and development department is in Singapore. Seiko's largest showroom is also in Singapore.

Here in Singapore, when I buy Seikos from shops, I can buy them with box and warranty and all and pay higher, or no box and no papers and pay cheaper. Its does not mean those are factory rejects.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Amazon prices are about 50% too high, but they're about the best retail prices you'll find.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
GhostReaction said:
Thanks for teh intersting info, I have never known that.
I ve noticed the price of seiko in Singapore are much cheaper than in Dubai

Well, our minster mentor and his wife wears a pair of custom made Seikos too, specially made for him, his the man who got Seiko company to root here too. IIRC, its was on the newspaper sometime ago.

Latest posts