• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Why No Logo Serial Numbers, Or Identifying Marks?

cy

Flashaholic
like em plain... just like they are!

who wants more additional expense?
then "someone" gets the pleasure of dealing with special serial number requests :green:

aosty

Enlightened
McGizmo said:
These lights already have subtle and not so subtle marks of distinction as it is! Some marks (lint and finger prints) are not indellible but others certainly are! :p

The shop that is doing the Ti for me does have a laser now but I have reservations.

Forget the laser... just ask'em to shake the parts bin longer!

:nana:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
In antiques you see it often. An artisan will develop a reputation and he will be copied over and over. Many artisans use a maker's mark in an attempt to protect their work. The maker's mark just gets copied as well. Maybe someday people will ask for the provenonce of your Mcgizmo.:)

greenLED

Flashaholic
The best "identifying marks" are those that are imposed on a light through daily use and, why not, a little abuse. :D

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they did have a serial number, it would help a bit when one of them comes up missing.

This wouldn't help most of the time, but it could help sometimes. I like the looks without serial numbers though, just like I used to strip all of the badges off my cars...

schiesz

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Serial no. depicts individualism/identification samelike everyone has a name, a different name from the next person. Don's creation may be copied one day (touchwood it does not) without identification, its just like a copycat. No offense to Don

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
schiesz said:
I like the looks without serial numbers though, just like I used to strip all of the badges off my cars...

schiesz

I still strip the badges off my cars, spoilers too! Gives it a much cleaner look, and that "what is that" factor, just like these lights. Besides, with no markings or numbers, it just adds to the mystique that already comes along when you have one in your hand and your senses of sight and touch are being completly satisfied and you know that its special enough to go bare.

Fringe

Enlightened
lux,

Yep, have to agree with that too, that is how I roll my A4.
I would like to have a little inconspicuous serial or Don sig though, but I do detest the blazing in your face flair labels.

Latest posts