why so much hate towards electric cars?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

My Uncle owns a successful car dealership, his children run it.
Yesterday at a wedding I asked my cousin a few questions on the industry, any issues he's had over last couple years & ultimately EVs' for his brand.

It wouldn't be fair to quote him, but his answers didn't surprise me especially regarding EVs'

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Gasoline cars had Henry Ford to make them ideal for the common man.
EVs have.... Well, guess we're still waiting for their down to Earth genius to come along. 🕗

raggie33

*the raggedier*
As said in another thread I was building a gas powered bike. Man o man it wasn't easy at all so many issues even the new sprocket for the gas engine was hard to do. It now has 2 chains one human powered other gas powered then the carb would not fit then it wasn't easy to start. But man o man it's a lot of fun lol. I have around 250 bucks invested . Hect I figure some people's car payments are almost that high.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
To be clear, the sort of poor design where losing power prevents doors from being opened is not something that applies to electric vehicles as a class (or even just to electric vehicles). That was a design decision Tesla made.
Two words apply

Glass breaker

Monocrom

Flashaholic
As said in another thread I was building a gas powered bike. Man o man it wasn't easy at all so many issues even the new sprocket for the gas engine was hard to do. It now has 2 chains one human powered other gas powered then the carb would not fit then it wasn't easy to start. But man o man it's a lot of fun lol. I have around 250 bucks invested . Hect I figure some people's car payments are almost that high.
Oh.... Add another $200 to that $250 for a more realistic sum every month. Not me though. Paid off my car nearly a decade ago, and made sure my payments were barely over $220 a month.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ev cars are so new they will get better. Hey I built a gas powered bikes even though evnis a lot better due to cost but soon as they figure out how to make a heap battery's it will be better the torque of electric is insane

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No hate, just some unexpected hidden expenses. Quite frankly, the very first one is sickening! But yeah, skip to 2:11 when watching the video: