why so much hate towards electric cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like simple a ev motor is way more simple then a ice car a ice engine is so dang comlex a ev simlle few moving parts . but i a course dont want anyone to buy what they dont like.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I'm glad that an EV meets YOUR needs.

However, EV's do not meet MY needs, and I doubt they will ever be able to in my lifetime.

Many people are tired of having EV's shoved down our throats.

To not make this political, I'll stop here………
While there's always a loud chorus trying to apply their hammer to everything that remotely looks like it could be a nail, I'm taking pains not to. I know my needs. I largely know my friends', family members' needs. I can get a rough idea of acquaintances' needs. I don't know your needs.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
but some people fear change i had a client with a intel p4 cpu gaming computer. no matter how much i told him this system cant play fortnite he kept just saying it needs a better video card. if i recall it was agp or some older card slot

raggie33

*the raggedier*
how about i start a campaign where your not alloed to have a ev? i need sleep lol but waiting for mailman

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
While there's always a loud chorus trying to apply their hammer to everything that remotely looks like it could be a nail, I'm taking pains not to. I know my needs. I largely know my friends', family members' needs. I can get a rough idea of acquaintances' needs. I don't know your needs.

I have no need for you to "know my needs", as I'm more then capable of handling that without you, but I thank you for your effort.

I am also fairly certain that, at this time in history, EV's do not meet the needs/demands of most vehicle owning Americans.

but some people fear change i had a client with a intel p4 cpu gaming computer. no matter how much i told him this system cant play fortnite he kept just saying it needs a better video card. if i recall it was agp or some older card slot

I'm a very conservative Lutheran ..... What is this thing "change" that you're referring to?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I've taken sufficiently few 1,000 mile road trips that the refueling interval is far down my list of considerations when evaluating a vehicle.

I still want to see an example of your original goalpost automobile with a 1,000 mile range.
I get it, I really do. Your needs should be good enough for everyone else and, having neglected to respond to the content of my posts you're ignoring the reason for why I even posted.

You make the 1,000 mile capable electric vehicle, and the rest of us might start getting interested.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What states and/or cities are most likely to be at the forefront of the EV "revolution"?
Oddly enough I doubt California (outside the wealthy enclaves) will be one due to its high state poverty level and long commute times sitting in traffic with the A/C running. Plus the big push is closing streets to vehicles, public rail transit and adjacent proximity housing. And of course the Bullet Train will be whisking commuters between SF & OC by then.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I think one huge problem overlooked with all this push to go totally electric is the loss of gas/oil in the economy has to be replaced with something else. Areas that still have oil and oil companies supplying economic income. The big issue is nationwide gas taxes on each gallon of gas that pays for a lot of infrastructure including roads and bridges and other things. EVs don't use gas so if you go 50% EVs in a state they will lose 50% of the income generated from taxing gasoline. How do you intern tax EVs for their share of road usage? You either have to substantially raise registration fees each year, tax charging stations which those charging at home won't pay, or tax power companies for power used to charge EVs. Do they tax per KWH which means everything you use electricity on your property will cost more. Unless they make some way to sort out power from EV charging from other and discern who owns EVs and who doesn't those who don't own EVs at all will be subsidizing EV road usage while also paying gas taxes on top of it all.

There will come a tipping point that EV owners will lose some of their "cheaper to operate" claims when their usage is taxed the same per mile as gas vehicles who pay gas taxes. Lets consider someone uses 10 gallons of gas a week or about 500 a year and pays 20 cents a gallon gas tax or about 100 dollars a year in taxes in one state and another charges a dollar a gallon for gas will pay $500 dollars a year on their EV. If you don't find a way to go by mileage or sort out how many KWH are used then having an EV that you don't use could cost you more than not using it at all and even possible everyone is taxed just as if they own an EV and do not. Either they are going to have to start taxing and check mileage each year on EVs or install meters in homes and make it a crime to charge without them so people can't bypass them just as if some places are talking about charging for well water now people used to the money coming in from gas in their economy will try and make EV owners pay their share because as gasoline vehicles are outlawed or taxed into oblivion with exceptions made for the elites so they can drive bullet proof limousines which will likely still us
gas.

In other words going totally EV in the future won't be a smooth ride and forcing people to abandon EVs will cause problems for generations to come.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i agree with free choice thats what makes this country great. but i think it will come to a point that the technolgy will improve so much that people will want a ev. but if you still like a gas car thats cool to. .

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
i agree with free choice thats what makes this country great. but i think it will come to a point that the technolgy will improve so much that people will want a ev. but if you still like a gas car thats cool to. .
There won't be a "want" an EV 10 years from now there will be "can I afford to still use gasoline engines for anything" choice and can I even buy a nice inexpensive car vs a subsidized EV, with subsidized electricity vs heavily taxed gas and gas engines with limited choices. One thing that I am interested in seeing is the effect of EVs on corn producers as when boozaline demand drops considerably these farmers will find corn crops dropping in value and in time we may see only real (no alcohol) gas sold in stations as the government drops the subsidy of it due to lack of demand.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast

If/when EV technology improves "enough", to make it useful for me, I'd consider purchasing one.

I don't see the technology advancing to that level anytime soon.

Let the EV technology stand on it's own merits.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
hopefully someday we can have this country not import oil. be cool if someone figured out how to make gas from kudzu or some other fast growing crop.but not take away from are food sources

Reactions: xxo

raggie33

*the raggedier*
If/when EV technology improves "enough", to make it useful for me, I'd consider purchasing one.

I don't see the technology advancing to that level anytime soon.

Let the EV technology stand on it's own merits.
buddy built a race car he cant drive in on the street he tows it to track and teslas beat him in races its scary the power they make

Status
Not open for further replies.