wicked extreme laser

dimkrom

Newly Enlightened
Hello.
Finally i get mine wicked extreme 40-50mW laser.
The wicked doesn't replay to my emails for one week from the order day(Saturday night) but they sent my order and reply to me after one week on Monday and i had it at home at the same week on Saturday (only 6 days). So total 2 weeks but if they had sent is from the order day then it will be one week. So people be awared and patient when the laser come you will see that it worth the time (something i didn't know and i had started to worry when they didn't answer my emails).

The product it's very impressive. I didn't expect it so bright, it worth all the money i gave.

Now i have some questions.
The spot after some distance became bigger, as far it goes so bigger it bacame, is it normal? i think that lasers spot should be very thin all the way.

And something else, i notice that the end part of the pointer from the side that the beam goes out is not fitted all the way in but it's a little out around 2mm.
See this picture http://users.forthnet.gr/the/dimkrom/extreme.JPG

The wicked lasers housing is own brand from wickedlasers?
Isn't modified leadlights ?

How many mA does this laser consume?

Is it a leadlight with pot mod and resistor mod or it's a leadlight without mod but with excellent quality crystals? How this laser have this high power? Do they change the crystals and from 5mW became 40-50mW ? I am a little confused, if someone knows and could tell me i will apreciate it.

I read in some post that it need some warm up to have a better power. What does this mean ? that if i have it for awhile on then it would be brither ? What is the max time which i have to leave it on for not destroy it?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
dimkrom ... please don't talk about shining a >5mW laser outside, it is forbidden. And please edit your post accordingly.
bernhard

EDIT: thanx dimkrom ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bootleg2go

Enlightened
I don't think the warm up that you have heard about would apply to the wickedlaser units as they quickly overheat and can only be turned on for a minute or so before they need to cool off for just as long. You will want to check on the number as you might not want to lea ve it on for even a minute...check 1st.

Jack

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea, yours does stick out, like its not put in all the way. neither of my phoenixes stick out. theyre flush on the base. my others are as well. dont know what to tell you. push it in.

dimkrom

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
senecaripple said:
yea, yours does stick out, like its not put in all the way. neither of my phoenixes stick out. theyre flush on the base. my others are as well. dont know what to tell you. push it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't it's very hard i don't know if it wants to turn it like a screw. It have the sticker on in.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
you may have to write to wl, or ask the same question on their forum, and hope they respond quicker than they do with emails. i wouldnt attempt using a pair of pliars to twist it, even with cloth wrapped around the housing, you may scratch or even indent the finish, or housing. it's only appearance. as long as it works fine, and no dirt, or dust can enter, it's probably not worth returning it for repairs.too much movement. dont need customs to get involved.

dimkrom

Newly Enlightened
ok. i will post on their forum.
I am very impressed with this that i wonder how much powerfull the mx should be and i am thinking to buy it after some time, i have to collect some money first.

deezdrama05

Enlightened
DONT TWIST IT!!!!! It is a pressure fit piece with grooves that run parallel with the lasers body- if you twist it you will grind of metal from these grooves and the laser housing. Put a towel on a carpeted floor and put the end that the laser beam comes out against the floor and push real hard straight down on the cap end of the laser. This should flush the gap and make it go in all the way. Also it may fix your dot from being to large because its overfocused just by that tiny 2mm that was sticking out. Hope this helps

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
wait for a group buy and get a pgl lll > 150mw. that would be your ultimate. you'll soon outgrow the mx. i feel i've outgrown my phoenix. waiting for my pgl lll.

gecko991

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
senecaripple said:
wait for a group buy and get a pgl lll > 150mw. that would be your ultimate. you'll soon outgrow the mx. i feel i've outgrown my phoenix. waiting for my pgl lll.

[/ QUOTE ] Absolutely right, a PGL-III would be the bomb compared to even an MX. My Phoenix is incredible by all means but a PGL should be the ultimate if you want monster power.

dimkrom

Newly Enlightened
PGL-III should be great but how much does it cost with group buy ?

At this time i have to collect some money first and then i decide which one to buy but i think it's better the wicked mx only because in a penstyle laser you have an extreme power.

i think the wickedlasers laser housing is like this one http://www.cnilaser.com/_private/ep_pointer.htm

deezdrama05

Enlightened
Well I just got my mx today and it is very solid and very powerful. If you can find someone who also wants one you can take advantage of there buy one get second half off deal. It will be 624 for 2 of them so you can get a mx for around 300 plus shipping as compared to 700+ dollars for a pgl-3, but I guess it just all depends on what size you want pgl is flashlight size and mx is pointersize.

Raccoon

Enlightened
There's no question that Wicked Lasers buys from CNI. It was actually announced that he intends to distribute their PGL-III and a contract has already been negotiated.

Whether that announcement was factual or flatulent, someone would have to mail CNI and ask.

dimkrom

Newly Enlightened
Now after some use i notice that it's not as bright as it was at first day, and i didn't use it with long periode on, only 3-4sec on 10sec off. i don't know what is happening. When i press the button for an instant is very bright then goes a little dimmer. I have changed the battaries. Could it be a crystall or diode damage? can be done a pot modification like leadlights at this laser?