Wicked Lasers Being Confiscated Upon Entering US

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBert

Enlightened
Im not trying to start a cheers n'jeers thread here, so plz keep this on topic...

I have heard from a few people now that >5mw lasers ordered from Wicked have been confiscated... has anyone had this problem or heard about this? Do you think its due to the fact that there arent safety measures equipped on the wickedlasers as there are on the PGLIII's? Buyer beware I guess

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened
Re: Could They Be Done For?

I do not really know. Well Croatia is a great country. With connections and money to pay goverment tax you can import nuclear misslie from Russia no quesions asked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SuperBert

Enlightened

A nice touch to this.... I posted the same thing over in the forum at wicked.. Im now banned from their forum. You all know how they delete everything negative thats posted... guess mine was too much for them... now, back the the original topic!

Changots

Newly Enlightened

they better not be confiscating them grrrr

bootleg2go

Enlightened

Two people have posted over at wickedlaser that their lasers were siezed by the FDA and is warning that no one in the US should place an order for a wicked unit as it will also be siezed by the FDA and not allowed entry or be returned to WL.

Jack

gecko991

Newly Enlightened

They have really turned brown over at Wickeds site,so much for there credibility. Watch how fast your post vanishes as soon as someone replies with the usual. They won't be.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

You've really got to wonder why they can't stand up to scrutiny or negative posts. That's a huge red flag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

SuperBert

Enlightened

I agree, and on top of all of it, they banned me for my statements, just to shut me up for good. I really think this is childish on their part, and it really shows their true colors. Theyre in the business for nothing but the money, and thats too bad, as they have some unique products to offer (even though some of them do crap out after 1 days use). Im really interested in having Wicked post here, but theyve already shown themselves to be too afraid to confront issues. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Raccoon

Enlightened

Wicked will only post to these forums when he releases a new screen saver.

Good to know about the FDA seizures. Thanks for the tip.

I think you should rename the topic of this thread accordingly. "FDA seizures of orders from Wicked Lasers"

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Well, I hope the Laser Gestapo doesn't come and kick my door down because I have several Wicked Lasers products.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

trident

Newly Enlightened

do you guys think WL would give up their customer list?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

There are many high powered lasers that are used responsibly by laser show operators. These units go way beyond the power of anything that can fit in your pocket and they're routinely used in public by licensed professionals. My point of course is that higher power does not automatically indicate malevolent intent. I would hope that level-headedness and calm will prevail if they wind up going through this stuff.

bootleg2go

Enlightened

Since WL is not in the USA, they do not need to give up any information, however since all these pointers passed through customs all pointers coming into the USA are documented as to who they were shipped too. All the FDA has to do is look in their database for all items coming from wicked laser and they will be able to see each person or company who bought one in the US.

Jack

SuperBert

Enlightened

Wow am I glad to be able to say that I havent, and will never do business with them. I really wouldnt care to be on any list of the governments, most especially when they are investigating lasers recently. How can it be legal for them to still do business to Americans when they know what will happen? Something really should be done about this. Only those that belong to this and other smaller forums will be informed about the confiscations... but those who are clueless, not by any fault of their own, will end up getting screwed out of a potential few hundred dollars... its just not right.

bootleg2go

Enlightened

Hi Bert, sorry to burst your bubble but your already on a government list as you did buy a PGL unit and it did come through customs. In fact I had bought my 1st laser, a Jasper from Bigha; it did not even go through customs. About a week after I bought it, someone in my neighborhood or area called the authorities(police or whoever) about someone pointing a green laser at their home and cars passing in front of their home. I'm located about 1/2 mile from this house and not line of sight from my house even, but I got a call on my private "pay as you go" cell phone that was bought with cash, unlisted number and all to protect my privacy...And these guys call me to ask what I'm using my laser for and general harrasement in my opinion. So all of you who think big brother doesn't know you have a laser are wrong, they do know and your on their list. Unless you buy it at a fleamarket, or on Ebay 2nd hand from someone and not the dealer himself..or snuck one into the US without customs knowing about it, your a documented owner.

I don't think anyone is going to come knocking on your door asking for you to turn it in, unless things get a lot worse. On the other hand, if anything laser related happens near your home, you and any other laser owners will be on the list of suspects to be sure.

Jack

LaserMod

Enlightened

I too saw them warning posts basically saying "Customs have my laser - hope WL will issue a refund. Do not buy if in US!" - they certainly seem to be going out of their way to make sure no-one reads them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Raccoon

Enlightened

Best we can hope for is that their website becomes inaccessable for some reason, preventing new orders from being placed. Let us pray.

gecko991

Newly Enlightened

Something needs to be done about there general additude towards customers as well as members of there forum because they are quickly going down the toilet. We all are on a number of special Gov lists as potentials upon the purchase of these products. The actions of a few irresponsible individuals lacking any common sense will have a very destructive effect on this interesting hobby for the many credible enthusiasts left holding the bag. Wicked values money more then anything and like so many other Companies may soon meet there end as a result of there own behavior. I would avoid them like the plague.

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Raccoon said:
Best we can hope for is that their website becomes inaccessable for some reason, preventing new orders from being placed. Let us pray.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can easily do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif, but it would not be fair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif..

Krešo

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East

Hello!

What did you expect?

A turnkey product with no accession number is illegal, PERIOD. All this talk of burning stuff, popping balloons, etc. is bad.

Sure we've been burning stuff, pierced razor blades with a high power ruby 20 years ago, etc. in a lab under tightly controlled and safeguarded environment!

A laser that turns on without warning with a simple push of the button, no shutter, no interlock, no soft start (delay, etc.) is just plain dumb. How long before someone gets hurt, a child loses sight in one eye or even a pet gets harmed? This is ridiculous folks!

I have a 5mW jasper and it's fun (and safe) to play with. At night I can see the beam go through the mist from the bow wave like a light saber. No hazard at all.

If I need power to burn something or do other experiments, I have legal laboratory lasers to do such research. These lasers are much more stable and have beam quality better than any portable lasers including the overrated PGL-III.

Anyways, I drifted off course here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

To sum things up, these hopped up POINTERS are going to get the wrong kind of attention and cause more hardship for legitmate users and hobbyists alike. It only takes one serious accident and/or lawsuit. You would think the airplane incidents were enough of a wakeup call. Apparently not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.