Wifey is Perplexed: My Obsession...

Rono8582

Newly Enlightened
I guess I'm quite lucky mine gets and encourages it. To a spending degree. After Irene and Sandy hit, and after some emergency roadside darkness I got the "buy what you must just dont let it be dark again!"

What should my next light be ? Hmmmm pd35?

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

caleb_v

Newly Enlightened
Took my wife out last night when the little one went to bed to show her some beam shots (had to drag her. It was a bit cold) and she was well impressed with sr52vn. But not letting me buy any more any time soon. Anyone want to sponsor me another torch?lol

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Jenifer512

Newly Enlightened
Oh, so sad that your wife did not appreciate your fascination about flashlights. I do hope she will in time.

Lucky for me, when I got married, I already had tons of lights. So she knew what she was getting into. Turns out she was a closet flashaholic. She likes the "little shiny" ones the most. Must remind her of diamonds? I tell her diamonds are womens best friend, and damascus is a mans! So she gets it.

Lucky for me, when I got married, I already had tons of lights. So she knew what she was getting into. Turns out she was a closet flashaholic. She likes the "little shiny" ones the most. Must remind her of diamonds? I tell her diamonds are womens best friend, and damascus is a mans! So she gets it.

Batteryerde has a web history of being a spambot. It managed to sneak in, but is now gone. Thanks. -Empath

Now that's just weird. Then, not a word about it from either member. Weird, I tell ya. :confused:

Anyhow, a few years back, I returned home from work to find the lovely Mrs. Gardiner vacuuming under a bed in the basement. I was amazed and not just a little alarmed by the amount of brightness flowing from underneath the bed. Four quick steps then bending over, I discovered the source. She was using my brand new Electro Lumens EDC to illuminate the floor while vacuuming........She had placed in on the concrete floor.
:wtf: "Why are you using my brand new light!?" "I like it. It's the brightest one you have. I'm being careful with it."

As Batman would say, "Quick Chance! To the Market Place!" I found a Solarforce host, and also ordered a dual XP-G Linger Special from nailbender. The perfect gift for a woman who wants a clean house. We call it the Dust Bunny Buster.

~ Chance

Last edited by a moderator:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, I just saw that. It is kinda strange. I guess they came here to say just that! Or was trying the Reply With Quote feature, sans the Reply & vanished into the Darkness! :candle:

Now that's just weird. Then, not a word about it from either member. Weird, I tell ya. :confused:

Anyhow, a few years back, I returned home from work to find the lovely Mrs. Gardiner vacuuming under a bed in the basement. I was amazed and not just a little alarmed by the amount of brightness flowing from underneath the bed. Four quick steps then bending over, I discovered the source. She was using my brand new Electro Lumens EDC to illuminate the floor while vacuuming........She had placed in on the concrete floor.
:wtf: "Why are you using my brand new light!?" "I like it. It's the brightest one you have. I'm being careful with it."

As Batman would say, "Quick Chance! To the Market Place!" I found a Solarforce host, and also ordered a dual XP-G Linger Special from nailbender. The perfect gift for a woman who wants a clean house. We call it the Dust Bunny Buster.

~ Chance

You should consider that Imitation is the most acceptable part of Worship, and that the Gods had much rather Mankind should Resemble, than Flatter them.
-
Marcus Aurelius

Imitation is a kind of artless Flattery.
- Eustace Budgell

Imitation is the sincerest of flattery.
-
Charles Caleb Colton

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or the creepiest form of stalking.
- My Son....just now.

~ Chance