Wild Dogs Just Killed My Friend's Cat!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wild Dogs Just Killed My Friend\'s Cat!

Wolf, well I wouldn't think it was ok for a predator to kill my kitty just because it would make me sad.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

but I agree about locking them in at night.. it's the only way a cat can survive around here..

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

agree .
keep your pets inside or on a leash or be prepared to lose them.i live on busy us35 and dead dogs and cats are an everyday sight.my neighbors would have heart failure if i left my pets run loose.
well a few would.not everyday one sees a 12 foot 50 pound snake loose.

Chris T

Newly Enlightened

I'm joining this one a little late but here goes.

To begin with, I LOVE dogs. I grew up with them. When I was a kid we had are own and raised guiding eye puppies. My own dog is like our only child. She enjoys a lot of attention and has her own fenced in yard. We also take her to the dog park to play with other dogs. Its a real treat for all of us meet all the happy four legged characters there.

With that said, the only time in my life that my gun has been on its way out the holster with the intent to kill was when I was faced by a dog. In that instance, I was walking in a state forest when I large mut approached me from over a hill. It was barking, which is not always a big deal. The tail was not wagging which can be a bad sign. And, most seriously, it was advancing on me as I was backing up. As soon as he started snarling I was drawing and already decided he was going to die if came closer. I had euthanized an animal before with a rifle so I was sure I could shoot this one. Well, fate must have been on the dog's side because just then his owner called him from the other side of the hill and he turned and trotted off. A couple of minutes later they both crested the same hill but this time the dog was on a leash. I thought about saying something to the lady walking him but decided I wouldn't remain civil tongued for long so I dropped it. I guess this is another reason to keep your pet leashed.

Chris