Will any of the Chinese lights ever be collectable?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I think the new LED lights are a technolgy product and for the most part simply aren't collectable because they will become obsolete in a year or so when emitter technology advances. Like an MP3 player something. I mean who really wants a L1P these days? It's not even worth upgrading really, even though it was the 1st decent production AA light.

Obsolescence isn't really a factor in whether something it is collectible or not. If it were many antique cars would be junked rather than selling for thousands upon thousands of dollars at the auctions.

carrot

Flashaholic
Many cheap lights are built simply as vehicles for the current brightest and "best" LED. I don't think there is much collectability, or worth in that.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Many cheap lights are built simply as vehicles for the current brightest and "best" LED. I don't think there is much collectability, or worth in that.
True carrot but what makes Barbie collectable? :confused: :confused:

I'm sure people think we're crazy having as many expensive lights as most of us do, when I look at other collectors they seem a little bit crazy to me to. Who the heck needs more than one flashlight? :shrug:

We have a show in Australia called Collectors (ABC TV) and it never ceases to amaze me what other people collect.

one man's trash is another man's treasure - Google Video
Who ever thought old clothes and shoes would become collectable?

Norm

Last edited: