Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
71F3B159-101A-43B1-8A1F-F9DB0B1446C5.jpeg
How 'bout a 5C ML25?
Nah, seriously it's a 3 cell version with one of those storage containers. Twist the extension for on/off instead of the tailcap.
I actually bought to use on an ML150LR but ended up liking it on the ML25.

DoctorMemory

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I go to Burger King doc. But I see your point.

As I get older I get more inclined to stick with what I know product-wise. Yet as quickly as things change these days there are times I cannot due to that product being no longer made.
My car key for example is this battery operated thing that opens like a switchblade knife most of the time and reveals a twig that feels like it's going to break off in the ignition switch at any moment when starting the vehicle.
Gone from the dashboard is a clock that has been replaced with a computer screen. If I mess around and press the wrong button the car talks to me demanding I enter a command then does not understand the command to "shut the front door".

At least with a Maglite product I get a traditional flashlight that looks and acts like a traditional flashlight with the option of changing some stuff.

I'll take the $3 burger any day.
I go for the Double Cheese and Fires at McDonalds, $3 deal. But I appreciate a $7 burger when I buy one.

I have vowed to never buy an Internet connected car, nor any car with a touchscreen. I still use a flip phone. Mind you, I have been programming for 51 years now and design industrail control systems. But the excitement of a new toy with a big manual has worn off, I seek simpler times.

FWIW, I've been an Olight fan for many years now and they have never left me confused or puzzled or disappointed..

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
The "car" I speak of Doc is a company provided vehicle. My personal ride has a cassette player and a pea soup display. It's old enough to vote. It does have a key fob but that stopped working long ago. I like to say "I'm still learning to program a VCR"…

I have a friend from high school who runs a McDonalds so every few months I pop in and he cooks me a fresh double quarter pounder with just the right amount of black pepper. Yum yum.

I did not own very many modern Maglites until this thread started. Now I have several (with 2 more on the way). The C sized minimag (ML25) is my favorite but those new mini Magchargers (ML150) are right up there with them. Especially the 2C sized one called ML150LRS.