Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stefano, There's this guy located in Britain. I can't vouch for him since never bought anything. But he sounds legitimate and read no bad reviews.

Ross Hamilton, Torch Upgrades dot com
He sells on Amz as well
View attachment 31490
Thanks, it's an interesting site, I have placed it in my bookmarks.
But from what I see it does not sell Maglite but only accessories for them.
It can be useful if I buy some Maglite at a reduced price and do an update, now I see if it has led with warm 2700 tint

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Picked up a ML50lx Grey with the Coyote tan. I love the 2-c format. I need a Crimson Red! :p

View attachment 31155
The 25% off Labor Day sale at Maglite was a chance to purchase a 3 cell gray ML50LX with a discount that covered to cost of shipping.
I keep my eyes peeled for a crimson red and will notify you if I see one.

9B7AFF6C-C8FA-4A2C-A46B-2283001D207E.jpeg

7A6E451F-C8CF-45D3-A561-B23E1CAE8679.jpeg

Neighbors roll their eyes thinking dude's bought another flashlight

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stefano, There's this guy located in Britain. I can't vouch for him since never bought anything. But he sounds legitimate and read no bad reviews.

Ross Hamilton, Torch Upgrades dot com
He sells on Amz as well
View attachment 31490

To prospective customers in EU. I would avoid this online 3rd party seller and go directly to his source for Maglite parts; Burton-McCall dot com. Located in UK, this is a bonafide brick'n mortar store, and a business where you will receive fast and honest customer service.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you
Edit: But I think I will orient myself on a Convoy 2700 K
(undecided between a led 351 and 519A)

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you
Edit: But I think I will orient myself on a Convoy 2700 K
(undecided between a led 351 and 519A)
I'd definitely go with 519a. My experience with 351 some (4000k) bins have a greenish ring around the corona.
I've heard nothing but good about 519a.
Myself, I like the contours of the 2x AA Convoy

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone got or used the ML150LR or ML150LRS (not sure what the (x) means in the names on the Maglite website)...

Can't seem to find any reviews (written or Youtube) on these. So, wondering if anyone here had either?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
The x is the matte finish version of each one.
I have the longer one and shorter one in shiney version and the short one in matte version.

The short one is impressive in that it's about the same size as a 2 cell ML50 but way brighter. The longer one is a little brighter than the short version.

Here's what one cop says:

Ishango

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Anyone got or used the ML150LR or ML150LRS (not sure what the (x) means in the names on the Maglite website)...

Can't seem to find any reviews (written or Youtube) on these. So, wondering if anyone here had either?

I've got the ML150LR and it is quite a good light. Similar in size to the old 3C Maglites and puts out a 1000 lumen for a very decent amount of time. Functionally a really well thought out product.

The ML150LRS is still unavailable over here (in Europe), but would be glad to buy one after using the bigger version.

EDIT: spelling, should have posted before, not past, bedtime :)

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I thought perhaps "similar" was spelled differently in europe. It's too bad the LRS is not available in Europe (yet).
I asked Maglite if the matte finish X models were hard anodized type 3. They said "they are matte".

Last edited:

Ishango

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I thought perhaps "similar" was spelled differently in europe.
Could have been, but this is just a typo on my account :)

It always remains an interesting language as a second language to me. But English is spoken a lot in Europe and most of the literature in my trade is as well. I can usually easily switch between "The Queen's English" (which they teach here in school) and American English, but I do often mix it up when I'm not thinking about it.