Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The ML25 shown for size

71-FE85-BA-5-BA2-4-A28-BD75-D0-ADD9-F55364.jpg

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought an ml25 LED

I'm in love with maglite again. The sexy timeless streamlined design makes it the best looking flashlight ever

love the throw, love the brightness, and love the runtime

unless technology drastically improves, I don't see a need for anything else, besides my headlamp and keychain light

long live the maximag

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome you like it. I'm not really into led lights, and have more than I'll ever use, but if I ever see maglite in a store again, and they have one of these for a decent price, it'll be coming home with me.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
after some more use. I haven't been this satisfied with a mag light since it's hey day in the 80's and 90's. Maybe even more so

Reactions: xxo

325addict

Enlightened
Oh, you should try the ML25IT. He he he…:grin2:
They came in 2 and 3 cell versions. They were bi-pin bulb'd and the fastener is surrounded with a really hard plastic, almost like ceramic.

Z Battery may still have some. A 3/4" gas service pvc pipe for battery spacer and solar lamp batteries make the 2 cell one a really fun flashlight. Just as bright as the ML25LT.
I used a pair of low output 18650's and a Streamlight TL3 bulb in the 3 cell version. The bulb is slightly under driven but puts out a better beam than a Maglite bulb.
In the mean time, I really bought the 3-cell ML25IT... the best incan money can buy nowadays (I mean: standard, non-modified lights). Compared to the ML25LT, the quality of the light is way better of course (incan) but the downside is of course runtime... hardly over 3 hours!

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the mean time, I really bought the 3-cell ML25IT... the best incan money can buy nowadays (I mean: standard, non-modified lights). Compared to the ML25LT, the quality of the light is way better of course (incan) but the downside is of course runtime... hardly over 3 hours!
What batteries are you using? You could probably inrease the run time with a 5000 mAh protected 21700 in a adapter.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
What batteries are you using? You could probably inrease the run time with a 5000 mAh protected 21700 in a adapter.
Adapter isnt even necessary, works perfectly fine without and next to no rattling. If you wanna use your light like a whack stick cop-style however... tho at this point the batteries are worth more then the light.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adapter isnt even necessary, works perfectly fine without and next to no rattling. If you wanna use your light like a whack stick cop-style however... tho at this point the batteries are worth more then the light.
you need an adapter for one 21700 to make the conectionin a stock ml25. if you are running 2 21700's in series with a 6 cell bulb/drilled out reflector, you only need a spacer of some sort to keep the cells from rattling.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
For that you'd be better off with the 2 cell model and installing 3 cell bulb. That being said eneloops in adaptors will give a flatter runtime while being plenty long. The best would obviously be some LSD C NIMH

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A single 5000 mAh 21700 cell has slightly more energy/Watt hrs than 3 high capacity NiMH C cells.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed but not as nice of regulation. And looking at charts a lot of the capacity on the big 21700 cells is at low voltage. Like the old Panasonic 18650NCRb cells. So with 3 NIMH, it will be brighter and whiter for longer

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
True, 3 good NiMH C's will run at slightly higher Voltage, though the 21700 will have more total energy.

I think I would prefer a 3 cell ML25IT to a 2 cell running a 3 cell bulb on a 21700, just ecause I could switch between Li-Ion and NiMH and alklines in the 3 cell without having to change bulbs and with a 3 cell you always have the option to use a 6 cell bulb and two 21700's if you want more output.

Ishango

Enlightened
I recently bought the Mag-Tac plain bezel (non rechargable) since it was on sale for real cheap. It doesn't have the output modern similar sized lights have (or smaller high power lights), but still the build is pretty good and the output is usable. I did not expect it to be, so it serves a purpose in it's own right. The mode spacing could have been a bit better.

It now keeps my Mini AA Pro+ and ML150LR company as my only "modern" ML's I have.

I recently sold my 100 lumen 4D LED Mag in a garden sale because I never use it anymore. I'm looking into replacing it with the ML300L(X) or the ML150LRS. The latter is on the Mag website for a while, but isn't (yet) for sale in my country.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Often you don't know what you had until it's gone.

I had been so enthralled by the 850 lumens of the little ML150LRS that I failed to realize how awesome the 1085 lumen ML150LR was until the battery went bad. Replace the battery and gya-lee! What a sweet flashlight. The 2c sized LRS is pretty amazing but side by side beams on a tree about 500 feet away with the 3c sized LR…… amazing.