Will the next surefire defender be duel fuel?

chip100t

Enlightened
I hope so. Any reason why it should not be?

Also do you think they will ever go H/M/L?
H/L was great when lights were sub 1000 lumen, but now they are starting to surpass that wouldn't a medium setting make sense?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The Defender isn't a general purpose EDC flashlight.
Quite frankly, I'd be happier if it were High-mode only.
Like back in the day when you could get the Error head.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Dual fuel would be nice if it didn't make the light too bulky. I would prefer the defender have a head twist for low, like the tactician. If I had bought my 1000 lumen e2d it would have been the high mode only, but it was a replacement head from sf and they gave me the two mode.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya I can't see a tac light having 3 modes. And I do agree 1000 lumens is getting ridiculous. If they're using a buck circuit, I can't see why rechargeables can't be used. I guess they have quite a high overhead in the driver. Something like the malkoff m61 driver can easily do 2x cr123 or a single lithium ion. So can the lowly 7135 based drivers as well

pancakeayaka

Newly Enlightened
I will only choose high only for a SF tactical flashlight(except the gas pedal switch, it is great!). SF's mode switching is bad IMO.
"Return to off and press or click on again, within two seconds, for low output" <<<That 2 seconds is too long for tactical use.
Sometimes I forget to wait 2 seconds and accidentally switch my G2X MV to high mode and blind myself....

Latest posts