Winter Storm, Ice Storm Topic

chumley

Enlightened
I have a pair of those cleats that strap onto shoes or boots. They are called stabilicers. Those have saved me from countless falls I would have if I hadn't been using them. If you have to walk a lot on icy ground, they are great.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charles -

One of my sweet neighbors has the best street traction shoes in the neighborhood for ice. Her departed husband left many golf shoes.

She puts on a coulple of pair of thick socks and a pair of his old golf shoes overlaid with cheap "Payless" goloshes. The spikes penetrate the goloshes to create spiked boots for walking on ice.

The kind old bird really charges me up. She can out manuever anybody. She always has warm Coacoa and hot cookies for those that will visit. There is nothing I won't do for her and there is nothing I do that she can't improve upon.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak, that's nice. My dad's golf shoes are useless for ice, and are way too big for me, anyways.

Back on topic, we had thunderstorms all night here. This is most unusual for this time of year.

I am going to have to put my spike on later and put some salt down on the porch, sidewalk, and a bit of the drive.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone ever see what studs for winter tires look like? I was curious about their profile, but can't seem to find any place that sells them- the snow tires I just put on are supposed to accept #11 studs, whatever that means-

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Charles Bradshaw said:
Eugene, your State would be helpful to know where your 'here' is. (state is good enough). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mail carrier and pizza delivery men told it is getting real slick out. I told the pizza delivery guy about those ice spike things for shoes and boots. He is very interested in finding a pair. He seems like a very practical minded person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, my state is OH, thought it was in my profile, guess not.