• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn

the badger

Enlightened
Re: WTS: McGizmo Haiku XM-L (beadblasted finish) - brand new

No, just stripped it while trying to remove the clip. I got the right screw out (with difficulty) but the left one just wouldn't budge. It still looks mint.

In the future you need to be sure you use the proper tool for removing the screw. It's the MIP Thorp 1/16" Hex Driver. For now, it's relatively easy to remove the stripped screw: take a hack saw blade and carefully cut a flat groove into the stripped head. Then you can safely unscrew it with a flathead screwdriver. Just be careful not to let the hack saw blade come anywhere near the Ti body or tail wall.

the badger

Enlightened

I'll give that a go. I might not sell it if I can get it off! Thanks for the tip.

*EDIT*
I withdrew the sale until I get the clip off and sorted out. Sorry for that everybody.

Last edited:

Ghostwalker54

Newly Enlightened

Dad is certainly correct on that one. Don's clips are held in by spring-action pressure of clip itself. This is the jewel you want to do the job properly.

MIPThorp_zps6c6ddafd.jpg

the badger

Enlightened

Yes, I ordered one a couple of days ago after stripping the screw and asking Don for help.