Wizard / Wizard Pro. Multi-flashlights.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided to add some Talon Grip rubberized tape to my Wizard Pro XP-L for better grip. This is one of my go to work lights and takes a lot of abuse. Adds a very nice feel to the light. Doesn't look too bad either, in my opinion.

Edit: In real life it's almost the exact matte finish and almost seamless. Like factory built.

image hosting site over 5mb

Last edited:

ArmyTek

Enlightened
I decided to add some Talon Grip rubberized tape to my Wizard Pro XP-L for better grip. This is one of my go to work lights and takes a lot of abuse. Adds a very nice feel to the light. Doesn't look too bad either, in my opinion.

Edit: In real life it's almost the exact matte finish and almost seamless. Like factory built.

image hosting site over 5mb

It is an interesting upgrade))!

chadvone

Enlightened
I have attempted to contact Armytek website by there Warranty request page

After I hit the send button I get a message that says.

Error Message could not be sent.
Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed

How do I know if my message is getting received.

hla

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like it probably didn't go through. Might work another day if you try again? They may be experiencing technical difficulties on their end.

chadvone

Enlightened
My wizard was replaced. With NO hassle once I got through to them. I am impress with the new Wizard Pro. I still have Wizard Pro XML2 warm that is my most used light.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I used my Wizard on a white knuckle (don't ask) night trail bike ride on this weekend. Worked great on a Red Sanyo 3500 naked 18650.

nas

Newly Enlightened
My wizard was replaced. With NO hassle once I got through to them. I am impress with the new Wizard Pro. I still have Wizard Pro XML2 warm that is my most used light.
Hi, could you please tell what was the issue? And did you have to send the defective back? :)

desmobob

Enlightened
My Wizard Pro Warm Light Premium Cree XM-L2 has failed. Last year, my Tiara Pro started draining the battery when off. ArmyTek quickly replaced it with a new one, which has been functioning fine so far. And now, my Wizard Pro has problems. It only turns on at Firefly or one normal setting, flickers lightly, and occasionally turns off. It also makes a tiny noise when it's on; a quiet electronic noise that varies in pitch.

I loved the ArmyTek headlamps because they seemed much more rugged and dependable than my other brand headlamps. I'm starting to wonder if I can depend on them at all... thank goodness for the excellent warranty and good customer service.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep hearing intermittent reports just like the one above. My wizard is my primary headlamp and I do use it quite frequently especially for camping as well as car repair and just general tasks… Hearing this makes me wonder if I should look into replacing it with a zebra light at some point.

desmobob

Enlightened
I keep hearing intermittent reports just like the one above. My wizard is my primary headlamp and I do use it quite frequently especially for camping as well as car repair and just general tasks… Hearing this makes me wonder if I should look into replacing it with a zebra light at some point.

My Wizard Pro has been my primary camping light with the Tiara Pro or a very lightweight Petzl, etc. as a back-up. This morning, as I was headed into the woods well before sunrise, in the dark, my Wizard Pro failed. Luckily, I was still at the car so I grabbed a Zebralight I keep in the console.

I bought the ArmyTek headlamps specifically for their advertised ruggedness. I don't want my headlamp to let me down when I'm in the woods in the dark or a two day's canoe paddle away from the road. The weird thing is that neither the Wizard or Tiara failed in use or due to an impact, extreme conditions, etc. They were put away on a shelf working fine and were found to be malfunctioning when later put to use again. It's not a battery issue as I use top-quality cells and am sure to keep them at a reasonable storage charge (~3.7V -- 3.9V) if they won't be used for a while.

I'll be hunting again in the morning and I'll use my Tiara Pro. But I'll have a back-up headlamp in my pocket.

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shame to hear about that issue. I too rely on my Wizard Pro Warm and have for years. It's been great to me thankfully, but I definitely don't rely on it alone for going out camping or anything like that (always have a couple backups). Glad you were able to use another light, and thanks for sharing!

ArmyTek

Enlightened
My Wizard Pro has been my primary camping light with the Tiara Pro or a very lightweight Petzl, etc. as a back-up. This morning, as I was headed into the woods well before sunrise, in the dark, my Wizard Pro failed. Luckily, I was still at the car so I grabbed a Zebralight I keep in the console.

I bought the ArmyTek headlamps specifically for their advertised ruggedness. I don't want my headlamp to let me down when I'm in the woods in the dark or a two day's canoe paddle away from the road. The weird thing is that neither the Wizard or Tiara failed in use or due to an impact, extreme conditions, etc. They were put away on a shelf working fine and were found to be malfunctioning when later put to use again. It's not a battery issue as I use top-quality cells and am sure to keep them at a reasonable storage charge (~3.7V -- 3.9V) if they won't be used for a while.

I'll be hunting again in the morning and I'll use my Tiara Pro. But I'll have a back-up headlamp in my pocket.

We are very sorry to hear that, desmobob! Wizard series is not positioned as robust just for nothing - the flashlights indeed withstand much harder damage than it's competitors which is proved by many people. So I believe the problem was in the very model you had. Have you contacted the service center? If yes, what reply did you receive?

desmobob

Enlightened
We are very sorry to hear that, desmobob! Wizard series is not positioned as robust just for nothing - the flashlights indeed withstand much harder damage than it's competitors which is proved by many people. So I believe the problem was in the very model you had. Have you contacted the service center? If yes, what reply did you receive?

I have contacted customer service. As was the case when I had trouble with my Tiara C1 Pro, I got an almost immediate response. The only troublesome part of the issue is having to send the light back to China, vs. to an address in the US last time.

I know there can be unexpected or unusual issues with any product. In my experience, ArmyTek takes action to quickly make things right. But having both of my two ArmyTek headlamps fail shakes my confidence... My ArmyTek Predator Pro and Viking Pro flashlights are still going strong, but they see very little use.