Wolf Eyes Boxer 24W review with beamshots and images

ronemca

Newly Enlightened
You would first need to verify the voltage/amperage requirements of the torch. My old W/E Pilot whale has a three cell carrier with a built in switch. The cells mount in PARALLEL for the carrier, so 3.7 volts only, for three cells. Your HID may require more voltage to help the circuitry facilitate a strike. I have heard of others opening original packs and replacing cells, but that may be opening a can of worms, so to speak. Its
a shame, cause the ' BOXER' is a really nice, underated torch. Sorry, i know thats not much help. The other route may be a custom made battery, but how far do you go?
Indeed. Hopefully someone can provide this info. I'm guessing my integrated pack contains three cells...and that they're in series, but I am only guessing. And indeed I am very leery about attempting a rebuild of the pack myself. I've read a little about that, and the soldering sounds a little dicey for someone not experienced at that black art!

harro

Enlightened
One would think that the voltage of the pack would be stamped on it somewhere. You would undoubtedly find that the cells would be spot welded together, as opposed to soldered. This in itself can pose a problem, in that not everyone owns a spot welder that's small enough to do that job. There'd have to be someone in the lower 49 that would be able to do this. Whilst I have built an audio valve amp ( soldering ), I would be hesitant to solder a cell with pcb protection, for fear of damage to same. Someone in 'cells and dangerous sides of batteries etc' may be of much more use to you in this regard.

:oops:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My WE 24W Boxer came with a battery carrier and 3 x 18650. I simply replace the 3 x18650.

ronemca

Newly Enlightened
Buy the carrier
So...you believe the 3-cell carrier will function with the older-style head...AND that the three components (new body, carrier and clicky tailcap) are available separately from the rest of the kit.Would you be able to link to a retailer to whom I might reach out to get this ball rolling please Sir?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please could you take pictures of your light and battery pack. That way I can make you get the correct replacement.

ronemca

Newly Enlightened
Please could you take pictures of your light and battery pack. That way I can make you get the correct replacement.
Really?! THAT'S exciting!!

This fine fellow tried and failed to rebuild his long ago:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?256867-Wolf-eyes-Shark-1-battery-pack-performance

Before disassembly it looks like this:
29e4r4o.jpg

2wg6vxv.jpg

ip124h.jpg

Of course the tailcap is attached in these pics.
And yes - it says "Shark" but they're the same body+cap.

Note that mine has the 12 LED"s embedded in the tailcap, and those LED's serve a dual purpose; by altering the way the cap is threaded on they either illuminate a few to show charge level or they all come on together as a LOW-power light source.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these the photos of your light. It looks like you don't have a WE 24W Boxer, as this comes with a batterier carrier to fit 3 x 18650 cells.

The difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 is the faster start up time and marginal better regulation.

Last edited: