Words to Live By.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CG, I wish I could recall who said that before me, because I was just repeating what someone else said.

But I will take credit for the following:
Fed-Ex; when it absolutely, positively has to get there sooner or later, perhaps the neighbors address or maybe not at all……
Accept no substitutes.

994-EA98-F-6-D57-47-B6-AF8-A-A3915-F917938.jpg

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
...so they're just going to drive it around on the truck for awhile? :thinking:

BTW I got that same message once, but the item did actually show up the next day.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Apparently Fed-Ex needs some new trucks PW.
A rental van dropped off the box today. Driver said his rig suffered a fatal heart attack yesterday so he was completing his deliveries today……apparently it plagues the local outdated fleet.

So:
"When it absolutely positively has to arrived a day late, Hertz rental to the rescue."
- me

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's always flu season so wash your hands before touching your eyes or sticking your fingers in your nose or mouth.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Everyday for several years now, I put about 3cents of bleach in a small bowl of water in my sink for hands

..so for about $10 a year - - - -

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The early bird gets the worm……
But the second mouse gets the cheese.

- written on a note inside a fortune cookie

Another one said
"sometimes a fortune cookie does not contain a fortune".

Last edited:

wweiss

Enlightened
Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Free cheese is only found in a mouse trap.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A youngster I train at work told me he finds what we do as boring. He said he wants to follow his passion.

Well, by thinking he is bored all the time because our job aint like a tv show he tends to put out as little effort as possible. I pull more from him at times and other times just growl at him. The kids got talent but craves more action and excitement.

My comment before we parted ways for a week at Christmas was "most successful people follow their talents. Unsuccessful people follow their passions". He laughed slightly and said "name one". I responded "Bill Gates and our boss".
"Our boss?" he replied.
I said "yup, he nearly starved to death driving a stock car in the 1960's but had a talent for managing big road projects and after thinking it was boring for the first year became one of the best known ones the east coast".

A youngster I train at work told me he finds what we do as boring. He said he wants to follow his passion.

Well, by thinking he is bored all the time because our job aint like a tv show he tends to put out as little effort as possible. I pull more from him at times and other times just growl at him. The kids got talent but craves more action and excitement.

My comment before we parted ways for a week at Christmas was "most successful people follow their talents. Unsuccessful people follow their passions". He laughed slightly and said "name one". I responded "Bill Gates and our boss".
"Our boss?" he replied.
I said "yup, he nearly starved to death driving a stock car in the 1960's but had a talent for managing big road projects and after thinking it was boring for the first year became one of the best known ones the east coast".

I think very few people make a living from their passion. That's why hobbies were invented.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My boss's hobby became restoring cars from the era he raced to museum quality. He calls it his 401k collection.

During a point in my life I turned a job into a hobby and a hobby into a job.
At one point my job was to inspect roadway rehab and my hobby was to teach the next generation how to.
My job now is teaching the next generation how to inspect roadway rehab and my hobby is to take the time and do actual inspector stuff anymore.