Words to Live By.

This is the woman who helped create (during world war two but was scoffed for years) a system that is the basis of WiFi and other forms of communication

Hedy Lamar - SCHWING! She was babelicious!

i07erak.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Too much honey makes your stomach sour.
- The Bible (Proverbs)

It is better to eat crumbs in the corner of an attic than feast in a mansion with a quarrelsome wife (or husband).
- The Bible (Proverbs) and my brother after divorcing a quarrelsome wife who emptied his bank account in the divorce settlement.
My words were "it only costs me $xx a month to be rid of that crazy gal" after my divorce was settled.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My ma-n-law gave me a set of ceramic cutlery one year for my birthday. I do not know how well they hold an edge and never will if using them is the way I learn. Good grief!! Them things are scarey sharp.

At Thanksgiving she asked if I wanted to use them to cut turnips. My reply was "if you don't want blood in your turnips then please hand me a metal knife".

A knife is like a mate. If you find a good one, treat it well and it will treat you well.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Very few people hold a knife properly (for food preparation) I truly cringe when seeing someone holding a knife in the 'back'
Scary & zero control!

Choke way up on the knife, hold it w/ your thumb & index finger on the blade itself. The rest of your hand follows to grip.
Decent knives have handles that all but show you how to grasp it by its shape.

Again, choke way up on it, this will give control.

also: there are dozens of kitchen knives, use the right tool for the job....
8" chef knife will do the most

Last edited:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's always flu season, so don't touch your eyes, pick your nose, or stick your fingers in your mouth without washing them first. And never use someone else's pen.

--flatline

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
I will add don't take the free slice of cheese at the deli. You just pushed the carriage into the store putting your hands where everyone else puts their hands.

scout24

Flashaholic
I was chatting with a fellow member today, and I sent this regarding part of a discussion we were having. He opined it may belong here. I paraphrase, I don't remember the source...

Hard times make strong men
Strong men make good times
Good times make weak men
Weak men make hard times.